I just love this song....

Meltingman
on 6/8/05 9:41 am - Malvern, PA
This was a song sung at our graduation ceremony this week. It is from Wicked and called For Good I'm dedicating this to my Partner. Heath I've heard it said That people come into our lives for a reason Bringing something we must learn And we are led To those who help us most to grow If we let them And we help them in return Well, I don't know if I believe that's true But I know I'm who I am today Because I knew you: Like a comet pulled from orbit As it passes a sun Like a stream that meets a boulder Halfway through the wood Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you I have been changed for good So much of me Is made of what I learned from you You'll be with me Like a handprint on my heart And now whatever way our stories end I know you have re-written mine By being my friend: Like a ship blown from its mooring By a wind off the sea Like a seed dropped by a skybird In a distant wood Who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you: Because I knew you: I have been changed for good And just to clear the air I ask forgiveness For the things I've done you blame me for But then, I guess we know There's blame to share And none of it seems to matter anymore Like a comet pulled Like a ship blown From orbit as it Off it's mooring Passes a sun, like By a wind off the A stream that meets Sea, like a seed A boulder, half-way Dropped by a Through the wood Bird in the wood Who can say if I've been changed for the better? I do believe I have been changed for the better? And because I knew you: Because I knew you: Because I knew you: I have been changed for good.
gamboge
on 6/8/05 11:17 am - Noblesville, IN
Chip, first off, congratulations on your graduation. Second, your partner sounds fortunate to have someone who loves him as much as you clearly do. (and third, if only everyone, gay *or* straight had someone who made them feel this way!) Cheers- Lisa
David B.
on 6/8/05 3:44 pm - Modesto, CA
Wow Chip that is a great dedication. I am going to look up that song because it says what I have been saying about my Partner , "But because I knew you I have been changed for good." Thanks for sharing that you too are role models for us all. David PS. Congrats on your graduation
Meltingman
on 6/8/05 8:43 pm - Malvern, PA
Thank, I just reread this and realized I didn't make it very clear that I did not graduate. I work in a school as a guidance counselor. This song was part of the message to the graduates from our superintendent. She did a great job speaking to the students this year. It just really touched me. I'm not usually one to pass along this type of thing but really was moved and felt it put words to what I was feeling. Chip
MargeC
on 6/9/05 1:29 pm - TACOMA, WA
What ever! This was beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
stephenw
on 6/11/05 1:00 pm - Cherry Hill, NJ
I love Wicked. I'm listening to it right now actually
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views