Introducing myself

David B.
on 5/20/05 12:04 am - Modesto, CA
Hello there, My name is David and today I found you and I am going in for pre-op. I am going in on the 25th of May for surgery. I am getting a bit freaked out. I have been a "chub" for so long. My lover is a chaser and that freaks me out also. I am doing the surgery for health reasons and not vanity, but when you know something for so long.... I know I am not alone and I am glad I found this board. I can't wait to come home today and read some of the postings. Have a great day. David
Missa
on 5/20/05 12:56 am - Brooklyn Park, MN
Welcome David Congratulations on your surgery date!! I am still waiting for a surgery date and I understand how you feel about not wanting to live the rest of your life being obese....but at the same time it's all you've known. I was explaining that to my girlfriend just the other day....I'm afraid of not having surgery....and I'm afraid of having it...and what that will change in my life. It should be better...and I know it eventually will be--but there will first be a lot of changes...and it's scary to think about. I know what it feels like to be overweight, even though I'm unhappy about being obese--I've lived like that for as long as I can remember....but going into this surgery, I'll be heading into the unknown!!! I wish you the best of luck on your journey!! Melissa
shane_lee
on 5/20/05 4:36 am - Belmont, CA
I wish you the best. I know from my own personal experience, it's the best thing I ever did for myself. Are you having surgery through Kaiser SSF or somewhere closer to the East Bay. Mine was at SSF about 15 months ago. Hard to believe it's been that long. It will be an amazing year for you. Make the best of it!
David B.
on 5/20/05 11:12 am - Modesto, CA
I will be having the surgery in Fremont. I am looking forward to it, and I know it will change my life. It is exciting....however I think of all those "chubs" out there and my beautiful chaser at home with me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views