I got my date

Meltingman
on 5/17/05 2:08 am - Malvern, PA
I've got the date for my surgery. I work as a school counselor and really hoped for the first Monday of Summer break so that I have the entire summer to recooperate. I called last week and found out Monday June 20th (The first Monday of summmer break) was wide open so I booked it. I'm so happy. Now I just need the insurance approval and to clear the pre-admissions tests. They tell me they have not had a BC/BS-PPO denial so I hope I'm not the first. My partner screamed with joy when I told him. He has been concerned about the surgery but is excited for me. I finish the school year on June 16th so I'm hoping we can go away for the a few days before I begin preping. I assume that will start on Friday night or Saturday morning for a Monday surgery? Anyone know how far inadvance you usually begin the prep proceedure? Chip
Mizlin
on 5/17/05 5:02 pm - CA
Congratulations! My own instructions prior to surgery only involve 3 days of preparation. Although I've been told to begin protein and vitamins already (I'm a little less than a month away from surgery). Here's hoping everything goes smoothly for you Good luck!
Missa
on 5/18/05 12:20 am - Brooklyn Park, MN
Congratulations Chip!!
David B.
on 5/20/05 11:19 am - Modesto, CA
Chip way to go. I am a teacher and was hoping to get a surgery date after school, but I am going in on the 25th of May. I just got back from pre-op and I was instructed to make changes a while back with the multi-vitamins and the clacium and my protien shakes for breakfast. The final prep is the day before. so take a few days with your partner. Best of luck to you. David
mylilcalla
on 5/23/05 1:40 am - Bloomington, IN
Chip, So happy to hear that you have a date.. Congratulations! As far as the prep goes, I think that all docs are a little different in what they want, but usually everybody is done within 2 weeks of their surgery. Your partner sounds like he is right where mine was before the surgery, nervous but supportive. You are a lucky man to have his support. Keep us posted on your progress. We will all be pulling for you! Best, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views