OMG I can't stop!

lisawheeler
on 5/16/05 1:42 pm - Andrews, TX
Somebody please help me! I'm almost 2 years out and I'm finding that sweets are about to eat me alive! I've gained 15 lbs back, and a part of me knows that I cannot eat like I used to or the sugary things I used to. But the last couple months I've been on a sugar binge that today has made me so sick I fell on the floor! A part of my head is acting like it did before the surgery...you see it, you eat it mentality. I'm scared out of my mind and have no idea how to make this stop! My partner tells me she'll help me as much as possible and for that I love her even more than ever. But I'm really frightened that this is getting to be too much for me and I need to dump this weight and get back on track! Is this remotely normal? Thanks for your input! Lisa
ruthdebra
on 5/17/05 8:31 am - Palm Springs, CA
I don't know if it's normal or not but now is the time to stop it before it totally gets out of hand. Get rid of any sugary foods in your house. Go back to or start going to support group. Start over on the rules - you know them. Post them on your mirror, on your refrigerator - on your steering wheel. 1 Eat protein first 2.Drink your water 3.Take your vitamins 4. Exercise 5. Weigh every day 6. NO SNACKING - none at all. Those carb snacks are addictive and until you get back on track you're better off thinking no snacks. If you absolutely have to have something, make it a protein food - and then a SF popsicle if you really have to. Eat real food - dense protein. Have you seen a counselor? That might be helpful but a support group may be enough. Don't let yourself get sick. You can do it. Email me any time you need support. I know how hard it is. Take care of yourself. You've come too far to be defeated. You just need to get the sugar out of your system. It's as bad as cocaine. Ruth
lisawheeler
on 5/17/05 8:43 am - Andrews, TX
Thank you so much for the reply! Today is getting better. I ordered some protein powder and am waiting for its arrival. I did snack a small bit and I was upset with myself. Part of my problem is lack of support groups here in West TX. I'm hoping I can find one soon, cuz I really feel like I could use it. I also started drinking more water so I'm full more often than not. Thanks again, Lisa PS - I'm also 4 months quit smoking too! That's probably the one thing I don't miss at all!
& Then Some
on 6/18/05 8:02 am - in, FL
Hi Lisa, I'm only a couple of months out, but it sounds "normal" to me.. surgery is just a tool.. I think our old habits are something we have to continually fight. Keep looking for a local support group and use the help of your family here.. I found a website I thought had some ideas that you mind find helpful: http://www.gastricbypassfamily.com/PouchRules.html And BY THE WAY, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NO SMOKING! I quit too and I know how hard it was for you. Good 4 U !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views