A wedding, some frustration, and love love love...

mylilcalla
on 5/15/05 11:48 pm - Bloomington, IN
Hi everyone ! I thought that since I hadn't written anything for awhile that I would share a moment in my weight loss with everyone ... My partner, Linda's daughter is getting married this weekend. About six weeks ago after much searching, I found what I thought was the perfect suit to wear to the wedding . I really want to look good for this upcoming wedding, and I bought it on the snug side so I knew that it would fit perfectly by the time the wedding came. I took it to the tailor to get the pants shortened (I have some seriously short legs) and went about my business. About a week after that, we were shopping with Linda's daughter and I came upon a suit that made me think that the heavens opened up and shined on it while angels were singing in the background . I had never laid eyes on any item clothing that I liked this much. It was a Ralph Lauren suit, silk pants, shirt and a linen Jacket. When I saw the price, I backed away slowly, but I couldn't get it out of my mind. Someday, I will wear a suit like that, I thought to myself. I picked my suit up from the tailors on Saturday before last and on Monday I decided to try it on to get the full effect with jewelry, etc... I pulled the pants on without unzipping them and thought ut oh! Next came the shirt and jacket, and the shirt bagged out around the jacket like a deflated balloon . The jacket looked like I was 10 years old wearing my mommy's clothes. I knew that the scales had been moving a little and that my body was going through a reshaping phase, but I had no idea that this would be so completely dramatic. I went into a momentary panic because I had a week and 1/2 to find something else to wear, my little heart was crushed, and I wanted to hide away . This is to be my first formal event after my weight loss and I truly want to look good for it. I went shopping back to Macy's where I knew that I may be able to find something, and as I looked through the racks, I found that suit that opened up the heavens. It was 50% off, but still a little more than we wished to pay simply because it seems like something is constantly coming up that Linda's daughter needs for the wedding and we have been flashing the cash like Donald Trump to pay for it. It is her day, and I would rather make sure she has it just the way she wants it to be than to buy something extravagant for myself right now. I mentioned to some friends at work and to my sister in Maryland about this suit and how beautiful it was. They all were encouraging me to buy it, but I was standing firm on finding something a little less pricey that would look good. These people, my friends and family, and Linda, who have been so completely supportive with me secretly got together and bought me this beautiful suit . They said that after all I had been through this past year that they wanted me to have something that I loved so much that would show off my new look. Can I tell you how loved I am and how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life? Another trip to the tailor, and I picked THE suit up on Saturday. Can I just tell you that I have never in my whole life loved any item of clothing as much as I do this suit? Not only am I wrapped in lovely fabric which looks pretty darn good if I must say myself, but I am completely wrapped in the love of those people who generously bought the suit for me. There is a moral to this story about being careful buying clothing when you are in the loosing phase of this surgery... I'm thinking though that if that is the worst part though, bring it on! Sorry that this was such a long post! Hope all is well with everyone! Best, Amy
jeanette
on 5/16/05 1:46 pm - so cal, CA
that is a sweet story yeah sounds like you have a great family.enjoy the wedding and post a pic on your profile of that suit of course and your family.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views