Greetings All!

Sally S.
on 4/30/05 2:40 pm - Orlando, FL
Hello "Board"! I just found you all.....and yes I'm Southern by marriage! I'm a 50 year old OUT lesbian, married to June for 10 years, and going for the RNY on 5/24/05..... I'm excited and thrilled and on a diet.....Goddess knows its time! LOL! I'm a yoyo dieter and finally I'm taking out an insurance policy that this time it won't find me!! I've got all my skinny pix out and dreamin' of a size 12! My sweetie wants to kayak and bike in France....I'm gonna be there! Hey......did you all catch us on the L Word this week? Yep.....we were on the Olivia cruise that they filmed in this week's episode.....in the middle of the pool party....what fun that was! We celebrated my 50th and June's 40th.....ya....I'm a lucky woman. Wish me magic on the 24th.........I still can't believe this is happening! I just started the process 3 weeks ago! Its magic! Blessings To All! Sally
ruthdebra
on 5/1/05 3:51 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Sally - wishing you all the best in the world - I had rny on 4/12/04 - I am now 60.5 years old and healthier than at 50. I went hiking this past week and would also love to kayak and bike in France or Hawaii or anywhere. It's a great decision to have this surgery. BUT - it is not magic. It is a lot of hard work. It takes lots of time and energy and dedication. It doesn't happen overnight. The years of abuse don't disappear. We do not have the surgery and wake up thin. Some of us have damaged our body severely. Many of us have sagging skin. I am very glad that I had this surgery and am learning how to live in my new body. Ruth 253/126/123 currently. size 26 to size 6. happy lesbian
Sally S.
on 5/10/05 3:08 am - Orlando, FL
Dear Ruth, Happy Lesbian, Thanks for your wise words. I am so looking forward to this surgery....only 2 weeks to go. I met a wonderful gay man at my pre-op education class who just happens to live near me and has his surgery scheduled for the day before me.....we are going gym shopping next week and will be work-out buddies post-op. I am looking forward to this journey....I have lost weight b4....as much as 150 lbs....but it always finds me.....I feel like this time I'll have a bit of an insurance policy. My surgeon puts a ring around the outside of the new pouch to prevent it from stretching. Perfect! Glad to hear you are enjoying life to the fullest! I can't wait! See you in France! God Bless! Sally 5/24/05
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views