My 1 year anniversary

Larakatya
on 3/31/05 5:30 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hello there my peeps, Today I am 1 year post op Being the introspective sort, of course I have very complicated feelings about it. There is of course the incredible joy of success. This year I have managed to maintain the 45lb loss I achieved pre-op down from 400+ at my highest. And further I have released from my body 169 lbs for a total of 214 lbs gone hopefully forever. There are several FEET less of me to love now. And I can breath and move in ways I never even knew possible. There is also a very humble blessed state of grace kind of feeling - so many suffer with obestity for so long. And I never really saw how much I was suffering. I feel not regret - because that's my gig - but rather just simple sorrow that I didn't understand sooner how much I had given up to the monster of food addiction. I never really understood the costs until I was set free from them. And now I feel so incredibly grateful for my continued health and wellness that I don't quite know what to do with myself. I'm finally starting to come into my own about owning my new thin healthy body. I'm able to see it more clearly, and I LOVE IT! I feel more sexy than I ever have my entire life. I love the ways that I can move this newly tiny body. And even with the hanging skin I feel great about the way I look(even with all my stupid human tricks ). And not that I'm incredibly stuck on myself - but the attention I get now tells me that more people find me attractive than I ever possibly could have concieved of before. Its actually quite disturbing - but humbling and very flattering too. I am learning so many new things about our culture - like the way that thin people are treated and revered - it can be MAJORLY overwhelming and kind of disgusting. I'm mostly the same girl I was 214 lbs ago. . .some things have changed but the core identity I held then is the same one I have now. It can be pretty infuriating that now suddenly people take what I have to say at face value. . . One of the strangest things that I am dealing with is how losing weight impacts the workplace - There is something pretty odd to me about the way men will give chase even in the officeplace. And they're barking up the wrong tree with this girly anyway. . .(if you didn't know. . .I only date GIRLS ) Today I'm allowed by my food plan to have a drinky treat. I don't really have any plans to do so yet, but it's kind of weird to have that freedom again. Someday soon perhaps I'll have to toast one. Truth be told, I haven't really missed it, so I wonder how important it is to even really mark that milestone for me. Well, now I'm just babbling - but I'm incredibly thankful. This has been the strangest most incredible year of my life. I am so grateful for all the people who have shared their journey with me that I might learn from them I am so thankful to all those who have gone before me and paved the way I'm so proud of the people I have seen go through this same journey with grace and dignity. This journey is many things, and easy ain't one of them. But this has been the most REWARDING decision I have ever made. I finally have freedom from my most terrifying addiction - food. And I have to work out every day. And I have to eat well and properly every day. And I don't get to make any excuses or I lose all this beautiful success. But, today I'm choosing life, just like I did one year ago today. This is my road less traveled by. . .and indeed it has made all the difference. I wish you love, peace and comfort wherever you are on your journey. Love, ~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04 Preop High 400+ (Men's size 56 jeans, size 5x/6x shirts) Surgery Weight 355 (Women's size 30/32 jeans, size 3x/4x shirts) Current Weight 186-188 (BELOW GOAL of 190) Women's size 10 jeans, Size M/L shirts) 6'3" tall Dr Drew - Abbott NW Minneapolis
mylilcalla
on 3/31/05 10:52 pm - Bloomington, IN
Oh Ms Lara... So happy for you , so proud of you , and completely slayed by your ability to put my thoughts into your words... It reminds me once again that we truly are all in this together, and we can gain so much by listening and sharing with each other. You've "come a long way baby"! Congratulations on your success, your triumphs, and your ability to let yourself be good to yourself. Don't take any of it for granted, and keep all the lessons that you have learned in the past year very close to you at all times. The weight is gone, now comes the hard part ... Once we have reached this milestone, we have to keep it off, stay healthy, and proceed with life in our new fashion while keeping our eating under control. I haven't any doubt that you will succeed. Be proud, and have a wonderful celebration of your new birthday! All my best, Amy
Mizlin
on 4/4/05 11:06 am - CA
Congratulations to you! It sounds like you've had quite the experience You're story gives me hope...thank you!
ruthdebra
on 5/1/05 4:00 am - Palm Springs, CA
Lara - A little belated but sincere nonetheless. Congratulations - terrific post and good job!!! I'll be back in the TC for Pride weekend and hope to meet you. Would love to connect in person! Such a difference a year makes. Peace and love to you too. Ruth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views