OT - Missing my girl

Larakatya
on 2/19/05 2:04 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hello board, My partner is off to study abroad in Costa Rica. She'll be gone for 9 weeks. I know that time apart is often very beneficial to a relationship, but in this moment I am stuck on missing her. We said good bye this morning. . . and I'm lonely and mildly depressed. I did lots of good exercise today, however I caught myself grazing on low-fat popcorn and an apple. (I love my grazes. . .never anything worth reporting as a "cheat". . .always something healthy) I spose I should feel grateful and proud that I'm not reverting to eating trash. . .I just need to quit the behavior all together. I'ts 11:35 and I'm the only one awake at my friend's house (he took me away to Duluth for the weekend. . .and he's sleeping like a baby. . .and I'm up trolling the internet looking for support.) It hasn't quite hit me that she's gone. . .right now so far it's a general malaise that I didn't get to talk to her tonight on the phone. . .when i actually realise that its going to likely be 9 weeks until I actually speak to her again I think I'll either hit the roof. . .or hit the floor. I miss her. . .she's coming back. . .but I miss her with all my heart. I pray that she's well and that she feels my love with her wherever she is right now. Say a little prayer? ~Lara 400+/197/190
mylilcalla
on 2/21/05 2:58 am - Bloomington, IN
Lara, Dang... 9 weeks is quite a long time . Let's just try though to keep you from hitting the floor or the roof. Down is way too far to fall for such a vertically gifted woman, and although you are closer to the roof than I can only dream of being, you don't need to bump your head there either. Maybe you can use this time to refresh yourself and your relationship. Do you have anything you have been wanting to try or learn... perhaps a hobby or something? Now's a good time to find something to occupy your head so that your heart doesn't hurt quite so much. I wish I had something cathartic words to offer you, but this is one of those things that stinks when it is happening but will hopefully make your relationship into a better one. Hopefully these nine weeks will move along quickly and before you know it, this time will just be a memory and a reminder of how much you both care for the other. The grazing should be left to the barn animals, but at least you aren't eating junk. Keep your chin up (notice the absence of an s on the end of ***** smile, and keep your friends close. Love is a very powerful thing , and I am sure that your partner feels your love surrounding her with every step. It's a wonderful thing to know that you are loved. Now open yourself up to her love, feel it down deep, and let it surround you too. Take good care, Amy
Susane P.
on 2/24/05 1:01 pm - Bear, DE
Chin up, Lara, you've made it through lots and you can tackle this too! 9 weeks may seem like forever, but most of it will pass quickly. Make sure you take advantage of the time as much as your girlfriend is going to be; she'll be learning and changing and growing and experiencing new things that she isn't going to be able to wait to share with you, and you should do the same! Do something creative for her and send it in the mail...I bet she'd love the surprise. My partner is all ready in knots about the 2 months I'll be gone this summer...I've started writing her notes for each day all ready. We're both a bit of a sap when it comes to separation. I had my surgery on Monday and so far everything's going great...I'm all ready down about fifty pounds down from my highest weight! Keeping you both in thought and prayer! -Peace, Susane in DE
Shannon C.
on 3/10/05 4:32 am - West Sacramento, CA
Lara, Wow 9 weeks is a good chunk of time. My partner and I were apart 3 weeks this past summer and it was very hard. Does she have email access? I know that our daily emails back and forth kept us both sane and connected. I will say a prayer that this time passes quickly for you and that this time apart deepens your love. Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views