Hello I am new to this board

shannon B.
on 1/29/05 12:05 pm - auburndale, FL
Hi my name is shannon I am 23 and I weighany where between 450 to 500 not sure right now and I am 5'2 or maybe 5'3 well I am having the most hard time trying to get some help to get the wls I need bad well any one has any ideas well needed I am unemployed because of my weight and have had a hard time trying to find a job I live with a freind and they are suportting me money wise and I have no health insurance so I have applyed for ssi and medicaid so I am running out of ideas I will welcome any thank you shannon
MagickalMom
on 1/30/05 4:48 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
I wish I knew what to tell you Hun. How long ago did you apply for SSI & Medicade? Is there a SSI Advocate in your area, someone that can help you fight? My BIL has been fighting for years to get on both himself (not b/c of weight but a heart condition). Good luck to you and hopefully they will see that you obviously need help and that if you could retain work, you would do it! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. Weight- 257/234/146 BMI- 44.1/40.2/25 Height- 5' 4" Surgery Date: 1/19/05 No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
MsBatt
on 2/2/05 10:27 am
You should also apply for disability. Certainly Medicaid would be better, in the sense that they kick in immediately---but sometimes it's hard fto get WLS with Medicaid. Once you get on disability, you'll have a waiting period before you're covered under Medicare, but Medicare will DEFINITELY pay for your WLS. Have you looked into your state's Vocational Rehab program? In some staes, they'll pay for WLS in order to get you employable.
Micmomof3
on 3/2/05 10:13 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Hi Shannon, How are you? Its been a while since I spoke with you! Remember me, from the Florida board....lol I don't post regulary anymore, but often read! I want you to know I do wish you the best and hope you find the help you need soon! Please email me anytime to talk or vent! Michelle.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views