FAMILY I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP..........

LuvSongs
on 1/29/05 8:00 am - Germany, Germany
Hello Family all is going pretty well, except I have this awful problem with constipation it is about to kill me any suggestions. This was a question I could only ask my family lol. On another note when I returned to work last Tuesday I was told that they were cutting my position and then they tried to put some ole okie dope sh-----t on me I wasen't having it I gave my resignation that day, and found a better job within two hours making 4,000 more a year with less drama and much more freedom to get my private practice really going. Then there was another blessing that came my way on Friday my partner and I were approved for our house and will be closing on Monday at 5:00 pm so please keep us in your prayers because it's not over until keys are in hand and all the papers are signed and they are saying congrads lol. I'm down 22 lbs since surgery on Jan 11, I'm trying to eat the right things and eat as often as I should plus get all my liquids in which I must admit I am doing better at. Sooooooooooooo please family help me with part one of this post, because it makes me feel so slugish and my stomache swells like I'm 8 months pregnant just down right tight as a basketball. needing your help ASAP Luv Songs
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/05 12:50 am - Yucaipa, CA
Hi Joi, sounds like your doing great!! As for the constipation I take two stool softeners a day, EVERYDAY!! It may take a day or two to kick in but they do the job. I also eat handfuls of raw spinach and throw it into everything I eat. Keep up the great work!!!
MagickalMom
on 1/30/05 4:52 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Raw spinach is good if you are far out Joi.... just be careful since you are still not that far out yet... my doc won't let me have anything that is "leafy fiberous" because the new puch just cannot digest it yet. Bonnie is right though, call your doc and get on a stool softener. A lot of the OTC ones are not pouch friendly so it is best to go through your surgeon or PCM. HTH! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. Weight- 257/234/146 BMI- 44.1/40.2/25 Height- 5' 4" Surgery Date: 1/19/05 No matter what size, we are all Goddesses inside!
CurvySupersta'
on 1/31/05 1:43 am - Hazelwood, MO
Hey Fam!! I am so glad you pulled through the surgery well. I am still pre-op so I don't have any suggestions about your constipation BUT I did want to congratulate you on your house and new job!!! Me and my partner are trying to get a new house and I know how stressful it can be. Well, again congrats and I will keep you in my prayers!!! Trina
ruthdebra
on 2/1/05 2:42 am - Palm Springs, CA
I just started using "Smooth Move" tea - about once a week. It works better for me than the stool softeners. Nice to meet you. Ruth
Carole A.
on 2/1/05 10:28 am - Baltimore, MD
Ruth...there you are again! ; )) I'm gathering all the info I might need in advance of the need. I fear constipation after surgery. This tea idea will be posted in my head. Many thanks. Carole
MsBatt
on 2/2/05 10:31 am
I had the DS, so constipation's never been an issue for me, LOL! But I've seen a lot of RNYers post that sugar alcohols give them the runs, so---why not try eating a piece or two of sugar-free candy? The Russel Stover mint patties taste great, and are LOADED with sugar alcohols.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views