I want to be a loser! lol

Conjo
on 1/21/05 4:18 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Hello all. My name is Connie and I live in Fort Wayne. I am just starting to look into the surgery thing. I can't get too much going as of yet because the insurance has been calling EVERYTHING that I go to the doctor for (including a sinus infection and in grown toenails) as pre existing. I don't want to give them the chance to call this that too.Though it really actually is. lol I know that I must do SOMETHING because with my bad knees it is getting VERY difficult to walk and stand. I am finally in a job that I like and can't jepordise it because I can't get around. Plus I am just so tired and in pain all the time. Need a break. My partneer is going to stand beside me no matter what I decide. She loves me the way I am but wants me to be pain free. I have SSSOOO many questions about it all and I have a friend in Muncie that has had the surgery. She,the last time I talked to her, is doing GREAT! Last time I talked to Cathy, my friend, she had lost 163 pounds!!! I am proud of her!!! WAY TO GO!! Anyway, I just happened upon this site and thought I would explore and maybe get to know some of you. Maybe I'll make more friends. Take care and God bless.
TracyDubyak
on 1/21/05 12:46 pm - MacClenny, FL
Hi there Connie, I'm new on here too and just starting my journey to get approved for WLS. I'm from Fl and found my Dr with little problems at all so far...lol yes it can be a bumpy ride to get everything done. My best advice is start getting Dr to put you on diets and keep all dates and names. I have been doing this for over 2 yrs. My sister had an open RNY last year I went to all her appt before and after,I am very understanding cause my mother was first in N.E.Fl to have the surgey done in the early part of the 80's and then had another one done in early part of the 90's...So it has been a thing in my family alone...lol Best of luck,and ask as many questions it can only help you in the long run. Take care, Tracy
mylilcalla
on 1/24/05 10:14 pm - Bloomington, IN
Connie, I just wanted to say welcome to the board. I wish you much luck on your journey. Try not to let your insurance company get you down. Hopefully, it will all work out in the end to your wishes. You just have to keep on them and give them what they ask for. Have your doctor document everything! Sounds like you haven't had your job or insurance very long. It's a good thing to get this process started now, but realize that it may take a bit of time because of the newness of the insurance and don't give up. The good thing about this is you don't have to take this journey by yourself. There are loads of us who know exactly how you are feeling right about now. I encourage you to keep on pushing to get healthier and to take care of yourself. I am in Bloomington, Indiana by the way! I send a hello and a hug your way! Best, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views