OT:Wedding Resources and Ideas?

Ann B.
on 1/17/05 8:31 pm - Dallas, TX
What is the neatest or most interesting thing you have seen done at a wedding? I am trying to decide what to include and exclude. I have a limited budget so I am looking for great ideas that won't put us in crazy debt. What was the best resource for you in planning your wedding or holy union? You can write me directly if you want at [email protected]. Thanks Ann
Meltingman
on 1/18/05 3:45 am - Malvern, PA
My partner and I had our Civil Union in Burlington, Vermont on a boat out on Lake Champlain. It was eloquent and beautiful yet very affordable. We had about 35 People. The boat handle much of the planning at least what we'd let them do. We actually gave them our ideas and they worked with us and made it all happen. We had a florist who worked with our budget and did a beautiful job (White Callas and Irises) and the hotel we stayed at gave us some great deals because almost everyone stayed there. The boat is the Spirit of Ethan Allen and the hotel was the Raddison. I know the boat is still there but the hotel has changed hands. I think it is a Marriot now. Burlington is very beautiful and the people are absolutely as gay friendly as can be. Being straight or gay just doesn't matter there at all. The Justice of the Peace was a super guy who worked with us to plan the ceremony which was very simple. We also had a jazz ensemble who played during our ****tail hour and dinner. The whole thing cost under $5,000.00 including our hotel suite, cake, boat rental, flowers, justice of the peace, music, open bar, hors douvers and sit down dinner for 35 and everything else. It would have been less had we not gone over board on the after party in the hotel. You could do a nice affair in Burlington for far less. Things are much more reasonably priced there. The other option would be in Toronto. Things are still pretty cheap in Canada with US dollars. I'd highly recommend the Grand Hotel in Toronto. Chip
Cheryl S. B.
on 1/26/05 3:58 am - in the country near Dallas, TX
Wow Chip!!! Your special day must have been WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views