Partner's reaction to the new you???

Twirlygirlie
on 12/28/04 5:38 am - Springville, AL
Hi everyone! I just found this board today and am so glad I did! I'd like to help making this board more active because we need to support each other. My first question is this: Since surgery, how has your partner/Spouse/So....etc. reacted to the changes in you? My answer: I am 3 1/2 months out and my Spouse has been extremely supportive however she does get very jealous now when ANYBODY (male or female) notices my weight loss. I think it's kind of funny and she is getting more used to it....but there for a while, I didn't know if she would ever lighten up! She also now calls me "SYBIL" jokingly because of the hormonal mood swings that I've been having for the last 3 months. Oh and she says that I am making her gain weight because she eats her food and then what I don't eat of mine. !! Hugs, Rena -64
rhonda3103
on 12/28/04 12:25 pm - CA
RNY on 03/09/05 with
I am not on the loser's side of things yet but my partner is already a jealous sort, so it should be interesting!
mylilcalla
on 12/28/04 11:42 pm - Bloomington, IN
I know that I am a lucky woman. My partner has supported me on my surgery since I first discussed it with her. I don't have a single doubt about her love for me. She told me from the beginning of this journey that she didn't care about the "looks" part of the weight. She just wanted me to be healthy so that we could live a long happier because of healthier life together. It weirded her out a little bit when I started wearing the same size shirt as she does, but she brags about it now. She also takes my pictures to show everyone at her job every time I have a new one taken. She is my biggest cheerleader and she gives me undying support. Can you tell that I am in love? Well I can't help myself. She is the woman that I have searched for my whole life, and I haven't a doubt that we will be together forever. If it seems that I am bragging, I apologize. I just love her. Ah sweet bliss, Amy
sexysweetsweet69
on 12/29/04 5:42 am - Milwaukee, WI
im not on the losing side , but hope to be soon if i am approved, my partner thinks that i will leave her when i lose weight , that is not true i love her with all my heart , she is very supportive , but she think that i am going to leave her. i don't know why she think that i with her because i am fat but, i just think the person that is insecure has the problem , i will do all can to let her know i am not going anywhere but if she keeps it up she could run me away , fat or skinnny.
Reagan F.
on 12/29/04 7:36 am - Madisonville, TX
Ever since I first started on this adventure, my partner, Willie, has been totally supportive. It is alittle strange for my particular case...he is someone that is attracted to bigger men..."bears" and *I* was the one that thought that he wouldn't like the change, but he loves me very much and wants me to be healthy..pre-op, I had really bad sleep apnea, diabetes, and high blood pressure. He is the one that has to keep reassuring ME that he isn't going to leave. It has only been 2 months (almost) since my surgery, but I have already lost >70lbs and I believe that it is strengthening our relationship. We are able to do so many more things...and I can not wait till this summer to go to Six Flags! It is something that he and I both love to do, but because I was so large, I couldn't fit into the rides, OR walk that much. I believe that this is yet another benefit of surgery...getting even closer to him. Reagan
Meltingman
on 12/29/04 4:41 pm - Malvern, PA
I haven't had the surgery yet but my partner is very supportive. He is admittedly worried but does his best to not dwell on that. He realizes that without the surgery I will not live the long healthy live we both want. We met with I was 166 lbs lighter so I'm not concerned about him leaving because I of my weight gain or lose. We love each other so much and are in it for the long haul. Chip
Renee W.
on 12/30/04 8:53 pm - Greenville, SC
My partner was really jealous! She is doing alot better now but she said I need to stop losing.
awakenalive
on 12/31/04 1:16 pm - Mountains of, CA
so far so good - my partner expressed her fears before my surgery - at the urging of our minister (the lover is always the last to know LOL). Her biggest concern was that I would die - & her most "jealous" statement was "Everyone says -you'll change after the surgery" (Well DUH!) Since surgery - everyday she says something complimentary - I'm a very lucky woman - She teases that eventually I'll fit into her clothes - ha - I wasn't even a size 10 at my smallest - naw - the best I can hope for is a 13 - but that's hugely better than a 26! She's real happy that allready I've got more energy, & enthusiasm - It's all good. Oh & after almost 20 years together - I think we can weather any "changes" I might go through. 11/11/04 304/270 - 150 goal
ruthdebra
on 1/3/05 8:37 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Rena - this is a terrific thread. My partner has been supremely supportive through this whole process - but just recently, she confessed that she's having a little bit of a hard time since everyone keeps talking about how "great" I look - and she feels that she doesn't look "great." I told her that she always looks wonderful to me. But she is having an adjustment to me being smaller than she is for the first time since we met 13 years ago. But it's a very small issue - she's so happy at my health improvement and energy level. Welcome to this board. We need more people on it!!! Ruth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views