Discussion Topic: Holiday plans?

Larakatya
on 12/22/04 12:11 am - Twin Cities, MN
Ok Ladies and Gents what are you doing this year for the holidays? And what present did you get for yourself? I'll go first: I am going to spend xmas eve with my dear one's family rolling tamales in the traditional mexican way. (even a gringa can learn right?) I will also be going to my former boss's house for family xmas. Xmas day I'll be most likely hanging with my roommate at his parent's house and perhaps hanging out with friends. Present for me: Losing 192 lbs has made my body much more boney - on the backside as much as the front. I have discovered that I had a HARD BED! I was waking up aching in the morning at every point of my body that came in contact with the mattress. So, I got myself soft new flannel sheets, a new squishy pillow and a Magic Foam mattress pad - the kind that conforms to your body shape. It was onsale at target this week and it is a little slice of heaven. I can sleep again! It is a daily reminder of just what a good girl I have been this year. Huggles and love to all my peeps, ~Lara
gettin
on 12/22/04 3:27 am - birmingham, al
Hey Lara!! I'll spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at my moms. 5 minutes from my apartment. My roommate spends Christmas at her moms as well. I'm sure we'll meet up sometime Christmas Day. I can't narrow down the one thing I've bought for myself because I can't stop buying for myself!! LOL I don't shop much so when Christmas rolls around and I have to shop I want to buy everything!!! Especially after losing 171lbs ..... there are the cutest clothes everywhere. I did cash in on the After Thanksgiving sales and bought us a new 32" TV. Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! Melanie-171lbs
jolli
on 12/22/04 7:13 am - FL
Hello Lara, I will be spending my Xmas with my partner and my 2 children, 17 and 5 yrs. This will be our first Xmas together in Florida after moving here this year from Puerto Rico. I want to congratulate you on your weight loss! Absolutely Fantastic Keep on, keeping on girl!!!! I just had surgery on November 12 and have lost so far 36lbs. I am very happy with my results so far and Thank God everyday for modern medicine and the Dr.s who perform them! Johanna
Purfect Beauty G.
on 12/22/04 12:21 pm - Houston, TX
Hi Lara, I don't really have any plans for Christmas, so who knows what I will end up doing. Girl I shop all of the time for myself because I am addicted so I am going to try and give it somewhat of a rest this year. I would have liked to actually have done some volunteering on christmas, but I did not get the opportunity to look into it, so maybe next year.
Larakatya
on 12/22/04 11:16 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Never too late - call around to Food shelves, and places that give out free dinner - they're always looking for someone to hand out food to the needy on xmas day! Huggs to you and your generous heart, ~Lara
Meltingman
on 12/29/04 4:29 pm - Malvern, PA
My partner and I spent Xmas eve preparing for Xmas dinner. We hosted his family including his brother from NM and nice who we haven't seen in four and a half years. We went to candlelight service at a local welcoming and affirming church and then came home and wrapped gifts. Xmas morning we got up and opened presents from each other and then went to my partner's mom's for brunch and to exchange gifts. We then came home and finished preparing for dinner. All in all it was very nice. I'm sure next year will be very different since I plan to be at least 100lbs lighter. Can't wait for the new clothes! This is my last year of fat clothes! On Monday the 27th we drove to my parents house and exchanged gifts and had dinner with my family. It was a long drive but very nice to see everyone. My parents are still very concerned about the WLS but seem to be getting a little better with it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views