Lesbian with real "issues"

Tina K.
on 12/6/04 12:23 pm - CONRATH, WI
Hey, I have been on this site for awhile now and didn't know there was a board for GLBT until my sis-in-law pointed it out. I had RNY surgery on Oct. 26th and thought everything was going so well.... that's what I get for thinking!!! Three weeks later I was in the hospital again with a intestinal hernia caused by a stitch that came loose on the intestine. Ok, so I had surgery and that was fixed so all is well...right? Hell No!! Now I had to go to the doctor because my incision is infected. What kinda pissed me off is that they just gave me some antibiotics and told me to let it drain and if I get worse then go back. My concern is that I had heart surgery last Nov. and I really worry about infections getting to the heart valves as that can be dangerous. OOOOOHHH....I am really getting sick of this crap. My partner is about ready for the nut house because she worries herself to death over me. I can't say that I'm not worried myself, I have had plenty of bad luck in the last few years. I guess the only upside is that I've lost 45 pounds in the last 6 weeks. People around here keep asking me if I now regret having the surgery... I still have to say no but these complications are really dragging me down. Well, I just had to vent and hopefully get some support from my fellow WLS brothers and sisters. Take care all.
mylilcalla
on 12/6/04 10:34 pm - Bloomington, IN
Tina, I understand what you are going through. I spent 6 weeks in the hospital after my surgery and I almost died. I had complications that seemed like they were never ending. The thing is, you have to concentrate on that "upside" of loosing the weight. Keep doing what you are supposed to and don't let the complications get in the way of that and pretty soon all that you will know is the upside. I had people every single day asking me if I regreted having the surgery. I always told them to ask me in a couple of weeks. Well I would do it all over again even with the complications to get where I am now. I know down inside that you will feel the same sooner than you think. You have done something wonderful for yourself and you are doing what you need to do that will change that bad luck to good. Take care of yourself, keep your head in the positive, and soon those complications will be nothing but a reminder of why you have to make this work for you. Use the bad in your head as a reason to be the best you that you can be. Let me know how you are doing! Best, Amy
Tina K.
on 12/7/04 1:57 pm - CONRATH, WI
Thanks Amy, Wow, I guess I feel guilty for whining when you have gone though so much. Is everything better now? I really hope all is well for you. I feel better today, the incision is draining like mad and I have 2 doctor appts. in the next 2 days. I just don't seem to have much luck lately. Like I said in my post, my partner is so stressed over everything. She didn't want me to have the surgery but I did it for me. When all of this bad stuff is behind us I think she will come around. I keep telling her that I want to be healther so we can do more fun stuff together. I'm looking forward to when I can join a gym and get started on building up some muscle and get rid of some of the flab. Anyway, take care and hope all is well with you. See you on the lighter side!!!
mylilcalla
on 12/7/04 8:54 pm - Bloomington, IN
Tina, Please don't feel guilty in any way. That truly wasn't my intention at all. I hope you know that I wasn't minimalizing what is happening to you. I just want you to know that there will be a better time coming to you soon. I know how frustrating it is when you are in the middle of it though and I just wanted to encourage you to keep your spirits up and try to look closer to the positive aspects rather than the negative. When this is happening to you it can either make you or break you and I have this feeling that it is all going to turn around for you soon and you will be on the make you side of things. I also think that if you will focus on the good, your partner will feel that good energy and soon she will be feeling the same way. Soon enough, she will be basking in the new found energy you have and both your lives will be better. I feel like we have a big hand in our luck. We have the ability to turn it around and make things better for ourselves just by the way that we look at ourselves and situations. Keep pushing back at these current problems and soon enough your "luck" will change. Thank you for the good wishes, and please take good care of yourself! Best, Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views