Giving thanks three months after laproscopic lap-band surgery

bluemanma
on 11/25/04 11:09 pm - Tewksbury, MA
Hi, It's been a while since I checked in. Holidays for me have always been a time for reflection besides celebration and I thought it was time to bring the message board up to date on my progress. I had my lap-band surgery on August 26 at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. When they weighed me in at the hospital before surgery, I was 290 lbs. Here it is three months later, today I weigh 245. I could hardly fit into size 48 waist pants, now size 46 feels loose on me. All my shirts that are size 18 1/2 or XXXL/XXL, look like they billow around my waist. I'm much more energetic and confident in myself too. I can't say enough of how glad I feel that I underwent the operation and that my health plan covered it. I can remember how nervous I was before and immediately after the surgery. The decrease in appetite and restriction on how much I could physically eat have really helped me to stick the diet recommendations of the nutritionists that counsel all the weight loss surgery patients. Where as before surgery, I probably would have had snacks, appetizer, salad, two helpings of everything plus dessert, yesterday for Thanksgiving dinner at a friends house, I had just a spoonful of mashed potatoes, a few green beans, and a small portion of the pork roast that they cooked and I felt pleasantly full. I still have a long way to go to reach my goal of 175 lbs. I was skeptical that I would ever be able to get down to that weight, but not any more. I still have to make sure I stick to the diet and exercise, but with the results so far, I really think I'm going to do it. I hope everyone had as nice a Thanksgiving as I did. Steve
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views