Being overwieght in the gay community

Kenneth Shirley
on 11/17/04 10:37 pm - Ingleside, IL
Hi everyone, I am a little concerned about the after effect of having surgery. I have been rejected for a long time because of my weight. (I am sick of hearing, "You are so nice as a friend") Has anyone ells gone through this? What should I expect? Being gay and overweight does not mix in my area. Any insight would be great. My surgery is on Tuesday and I can't wait to start feeling good about myself. Thank you, Ken
Reagan F.
on 11/18/04 8:15 am - Madisonville, TX
Ken, Good luck on your upcoming surgery! I am just about 14 days out and even tho I am still alittle sore, I am really doing pretty good. I can so relate to your other issue. Being an overweight gay man can be a lonely, frustrating, depressing, umm...did I mention lonely life. It seems that people were trying to get me into the chub/chaser thing, and I just really didn't want to go there. At 42 years old, I am so happy to have finally made the decision to get this done, FOR ME! I deserve it. And you do too! Again, good luck to you! Reagan
shane_lee
on 11/18/04 1:11 pm - Belmont, CA
I think that this is true on both sides of the fence. I have actually been rejected because I wasn't as big as I used to be. i get attention from people that I never would have before either. It really is all about doing what's best or yourself. Good luck with your surgery on Tuesday! Hope everything goes well for you!
Meltingman
on 11/18/04 11:16 pm - Malvern, PA
I agree with Shane. You have to do what is best for you and makes you happy. The rest of it will fall into place. I was 200lbs lighter about 4 years ago. From about 1995 to 2000 I was in the best shape of my life. It was the first time I was of "normal" weight. I actually came out about that time as well. I got almost the same amount of attention as I do now but from a different group. The only differences now is that I don't really care if I get the attention now from anyone other than my partner. I'm going through the surgery so my health improves and so that I can have a long, happy and healthy life with my partner. Good luck with your weight loss journey and with your new life that follows. Chip
happydlove
on 11/19/04 8:16 am - Nottingham, MD
You are preaching to the choir. I live in Baltimore for pete's sake and every hot chic with the baltimore/washington area is sporty, athletic, smart, works out all the time..I mean these girls really have the total package and are rightfully looking for their equal.. So I'm making the decision to have the surgery not because of the hot chicks, lol..but because I owe it to myself to be that "total" package. I mean the only thing I'm missing is that hot body..so damnit..I'm gonna go buy one, lol.. I think you will be just fine..Just work out while you loose weight as much as you can..eat well and watch the pounds melt off as the men melt on!! woo hoo..you'll be getting some serious tail honey... Hopefully neither one of us will hear that friend bull**** again..lol.. Ciao- Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views