hello everyone , got my cpap machine

sexysweetsweet69
on 11/13/04 2:13 pm - Milwaukee, WI
hello everyone , i recieved my cpap machine , my partner loves it she said that i don't snore like i used too, i do notice the difference , than before. i am not as sleepy .when i falls asleep without it she wakes me up to make sure i put it on, yesterday we were watching a movie i dozed off without machine ,i fell asleep and couldn't catch my breath , it scared both of us because , when i had my last episode she wasn't there , to help me , but yesterday it was so bad that i stood up and she hit me in my back to help me get my breath , so the cpap is a blessing .
slickgt
on 11/14/04 1:13 pm - Bolingbrook, IL
Sherry, I was just diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and will be needing to get a CPAP machine too. I'm very nervous about it. Is it hard to get used to? Is it hard to breath with constant air being pushing in you? I'm glad it's working well for you! Ed
kcfrederick
on 11/18/04 7:14 am - Waldorf, MD
i've had my cpap for a few months now, it will take a little getting used to. probably about 3 or 4 sleeps, the biggest thing to get used to is having it tight to your face because you will know immediately if the mask is too loose. those dang air leaks bug the heck outta you immediately and always seem to aim right at the eyes. it's not hard to breath at all, though depending on how high your setting is, you will not be able to open your mouth. the higher the pressure setting the more difficult it will be (which is a good thing). the air isnt really being 'pushed' into you, obviously it can't go in when you are breathing out so you won't find it hard to breath. but if you aren't used to breathing through your nose during sleep that will take some getting used to. when i first started the process of getting tested for sleep apnea and then getting the machine i was adamant about 1. not having sleep apnea and then when i found out i had it 2. not wanting the blasted machine. but i have to say, as the process ground through its many phases, i started looking forward to the machine and looking forward to actually sleeping and im on one of the lowest possible settings! once you have it and are used to it, you'll seriously wonder just how it is you lived without it. i am constantly amazed at the fact that i was even able to function considering how tired i was constantly. you'll love it!
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/04 11:30 pm - Yucaipa, CA
Hi Sherry, I loved my c~pap!! The only part I didn't like was having very vivid dreams, the man who set it up told me I was having rem sleep for the first time in many years. It's amazing how we don't even realize the sleep we're missing until we start getting it!! I wore mine for a few years after surgery and then it gave me a terrible rash and I HAD to stop using it. Being diagnosed with sleep apnea also helped me get WLS!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 427 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views