protein shakes & eating

sramirez
on 11/5/04 9:50 pm - Greensboro, NC
I am now 15days out and I seem to be having trouble with my shake intake. I guess I maybe a little confussed as well as to how many times a day I should be actually drinking them. I start off with the whey protein shakes from GNC then after about 4 days I started feeling nausious from drinking them so I stopped. then my angel gave me some samples from the one she drinks which is designer whey shakes and I can say it does taste alot better but now here is the problem. with following the eating guild lines inckluding the shakes by the end of the day I feel so weighted down like I have over eaten all day. if I take out the shakes 3xs a day and some of the snacks then I feel alot better. I honestly feel that it is just to much to be eating all day. I didnt eat & drink this way before I had surgery so I guess I am feeling confused by what is right and wrong. {no I am not eatting the wrong things} any suggestions? besides this everything is going great! I feel good and I am starting to get active again. just need to get the eating thing right Sophia 348/319/160
Jennie C.
on 11/6/04 5:01 pm - sacramento, CA
It will feel like all you do is eat and drink for a while. Thats normal and what your supposed to do. My DR had me sub a meal for a shake and that helps. Maybe try that. Jen
Ann B.
on 11/6/04 8:43 pm - Dallas, TX
Hi Sophia, Something that might really help a lot is to track your food/drinks/water for a week use www. fitday .com. You just put in what you had and it gives you all the nutritional counts. Then you can see if your protein and water intake is what the doctor has recommended for you. Fitday is free and many have found it to be very useful. I know it can be weird to think about food (even if it good stuff) so often. Be gentle with yourself. At 15 days out, you are still learning and your body is adjusting. Syntrax makes Nectar Protein which comes in lots of great flavors if you ever want some variety. Take care, A
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views