First Time On This Board...

jody1971
on 10/5/04 1:59 pm - Santa Clara, CA
I've finally come to the conclusion that my 6 year relationship with my partner must come to an end. While specifics aren't necessary, I can totally understand why divorce rates are so high amongst wls patients after surgery. I can totally say though - if you are in an unhealthy relationship...get out! No one is worth losing yourself over. It has been a hell of a lot of bs over the past 6 years. I feel we are just tearing each other down and quite frankly, I was terrified of being alone and put up with it. I am not so afraid anymore and I know now that I don't have to take any **** from anyone anymore. Wow - that felt good saying that AND meaning it. I've said it in the past and not really meant it. It also feels great that I don't have to turn to food when the bad time**** I just now need to get some money together and hit the road jack - and don't look back. Jody
(deactivated member)
on 10/7/04 12:41 am - Yucaipa, CA
Way to go, loving yourself is one of the most important things you can do!! Sounds like your getting YOUR sh~t together!! Welcome to the group!!
Krista F.
on 11/5/04 1:20 am - Temecula, CA
Hi Jody, I'm not going to judge you, but I had to laugh when I read your post. I myself an in a 6 year relationship and I felt like I needed to get out to say when I lost my weight and gained way to much self esteem, lets just say I was full of myself . We had arguements of me being younger and wanting to go out and have affairs, which I didn't want to do anyway. It was driving me mad with all the accusations of where I have been etc.. at one point I felt like what the heck, I look hot now lol. But I never did, we eventually made it through that period, had some awsome communication and spent alot of time getting to know each other all over again, we actually drove across country and just hung out. It was so nice to discover my best friend all over again, I hope you give your friend an equal chance at making it work, all the best to you. Krista F. Lap RNY 10-11-02 288 now 163
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views