i am so depressed

sexysweetsweet69
on 10/1/04 9:40 am - Milwaukee, WI
i was denied wls 7/21 , i have been working on my appeal since then , i don't think this is ever going to happen for me , i really have to have this surgry or i don't think i am going to make it , i am 36 years old and i feel like i am 90 , my feet are always sore , my knees hurt all the times , my hips hurt ,my back hurts contantly, i am my highest weight the last time i went to my pcp i was 397 that was 4 weeks ago ,i know that i am over the 400 mark , i have been with my partner for 8 years, we don't make love like we use to , i know she loves me but i feel like i am holding her down , she always wants to get out and do things and i just want to stay in the house , i can't walk long peroids of time like i used too. i am just really depressed . sorry for boo hooing but you guys always make me feel better. if there is anyone who can help me with my appeal , please email me and let me know.
hotyboomba
on 10/2/04 4:38 am - sunland, CA
sherry, i wish there was something i could do to help. for now...i send you my love and good vibes! hang in there!! love,tara.
(deactivated member)
on 10/2/04 11:32 am - Yucaipa, CA
Sweet heart, please keep your chin up!! Don't ever feel bad about voicing how crappy this is for you!! That's what this list is for "support". Just be the squeaky wheel and don't stop trying. It took me seven years and I don't care what anyone says it was so worth it!! I too was over 400 by the time I finally got WLS. I felt like they just wanted to see how badly I wanted this I wrote dr Fobi and attended every meeting he had for two years before I finally got surgery!! I know they have a page somewhere around here for appeals, just search around. Maybe someone else knows??? Hang in there it WILL happen!!
Jessica D.
on 10/4/04 10:16 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey there, Sherry. Let me tell you; I've been where you are, and I understand from the depths of my heart how you feel. I was denied and there was no recourse since my employer was a small company whose insurance wouldn't cover WLS. But trust me, keep fighting. Sometime, even when the wind gets knocked out of you, keep moving forward---even if you have to crawl. I lived in Tampa when I was denied--and decided to change jobs and find an insurance company that covered WLS--then base my job prospects with this as my guideline. I now live in Orlando with my patner, and I just, last week, found a job with WLS in their benefits package. In fact, my boss had the surgery in April of this year so she's as supportive as they come. So keep looking forward. You never know what lies around the corner... I didn't know when I first got to Orlando that the stars would align and that this surgery would be an option for me. I won't believe it completely until I'm waking up from anesthesia after my surgery, but at least there is now hope. Don't give up. Appeal, appeal, appeal! What exactly is their problem with your application?? Have them tell you exactly what you need to do differently to get your surgery covered. Don't give up. Ask questions. Take names. Go on the larger message board and get as many opinions and as much advice as you can (then come back here and fill us in!!) You can do this. I know you can. Write me any time. Let me know if I can do anything for you. By the way, I'm from Milwaukee, too!! I lived on the south side on Oaklahoma and 15th place just 3 years ago!!! I know people there if you want some connections.... Take care, Jessica
Ann M.
on 10/4/04 11:19 am - Norwich, CT
Sherry, Don't give up! Things have a way of working out for the best. Use the resources of these boards and the people who have been in your "boat." Keep your chin up...and don't give up! Ann
sramirez
on 11/7/04 2:46 am - Greensboro, NC
Hi Sherry, I was just going thru the post and came across your post. First let me ask how are you doing? have there been any changes in your appeals or approval as of yet? I can understand where u r coming from when you speak on ur partner and not wanting to do anything or go anywhere. I was on that same path as well and I am so glad I was able to start down the path for a healthier life so I can do much more then what I have been missing out on. I hate to hear your going thru this & Im not sure how I can help you but I do have the link to another members page who has put together all the research and information about this type of situation she has all kinds of helpful info on there and hopefully you can find something to help you http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=N1017180811 She is a OH member and I found her because she signed my guess book I went to see her page an found myself just sitting there for hours reading all the things she had listed. so I really hope It comes in handy for you as well.have you thought of finding a lawyer? there are some listed here on OH that specilize in appeals. I would really like to hear how things turn out and if u can find any answers for a solution. email me directly or post Sophia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views