Question for Tuesday :-D

jen steffens
on 9/21/04 3:45 am - Sacramento, CA
ok i have a question...not really regarding WLS...but more along the lines of PRIDE how many of you have a rainbow sticker on your car/truck/suv??? do you feel it's necessary or not??? and how do you feel when you see pride stickers on other peoples cars??? * personally i have a rainbow sticker on my car. to me it's not about putting it in anyones face...it's just to let other people know that i'm not ashamed of who i am. it's a sence of pride...and i do feel it's necessary. there are people with american flags...or other flags from other countries displaying their pride...(they are proud of who they are) why should it be a big deal to have a rainbow flag??? and to me when i see rainbows on other cars...it's more ressurance that i'm not alone...that there are people like me...and i should not be asshamed of who i am (and thankfull i LOVE who i am) well that's my post for the day...i'm interested in your thoughts ~jen
Whozat S-G
on 9/21/04 5:22 am - Chambersburg, PA
Yep, I have a few rainbow stickers, and wear a "freedom rings" earring. I don't think it's "necessary" but I think it's a great way to let each other - and others - know that we're here. When I see a car with a rainbow sticker, I always get all excited and try to catch up with them and see the people in the car. I also feel like I should wave or something. There should be some sort of hand signal for that situation... As far as "putting it in other people's faces" - my attitude is, if they don't want my sexual orientation it their face, then they just need to look away, because here it is, and it's not going away.
chuggs14 P.
on 9/21/04 5:42 am - Rio Grande, NJ
hi I have a pride heart in my car and a small wind sock on my rearview mirror,it's there for me and i feel all the pride that goes with it,not to put it in anyones face,i relly don't care what anyone thinks.i don't mean to sound nasty about it just my own life.i get excited when i see others with pride flags also.one for all and all for all of us. the other Ruth
ruthdebra
on 9/21/04 3:41 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Yes - I love rainbow stickers (I also sell them at Pride festivals) - When we travel we always take some of the glass clingers for our rental car - to be identified and also to help find our car. On my Honda, I have a rainbow peace sign on each side of my front license plate. On the rear windows I have clingers - one of the long rainbow and 3 cats being followed by a dog. When I put them on, we had 3 cats and a dog, but one of our cats died when I was in the hospital for my surgery in April. I think that being out is the single most important political statement that we can make. I always say that you can't do social change from a closet. Thanks for the question. Ruth Debra
(deactivated member)
on 9/22/04 1:51 am - Yucaipa, CA
Hey Jen Great queerstion. I have been accused of flaming because of my body jewelry AND my car!! I recently had an incident where a very young woman drove so close to me I felt harassed, I even pulled over and tried to tell her, she scared the **** out of me. Her mother showed up and told me what do you expect with all the gay stuff on your car, turned out she was gay too. I fingered her daughter had a problem with mom being gay!! I was driving my GF (in her car) to a drs appointment, I wanted to tell her you should see MY car!! Now when ever anyone gets a bit too close or too fast I wonder. BUT I'm still not taking the stuff off either car!! Crack heads can kiss my butt!! I personally do it because I'm a femme and you can't tell what I am by just looking at me and I want my sisters to know!! I'm here and damn proud I'm queer. I too love to see a rainbow on someone else's car. But it is also a way to let other bad/mean/hurtful/dangerous people know who we are. We should always be aware of that too!! It was a very scary incident!! Bonnie Young Still Dancing Like No One's Looking!! http://community.webshots.com/user/byoung41 http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=Y1048551657 www.madonna-in-art.com http://www.lavenderdoor.com/artistdetailpage.asp?ID=25
hotyboomba
on 9/26/04 8:57 pm - sunland, CA
i don't have a sticker on my truck, but always smile to myself when other people do. i do have little rainbow stars on the back of my cell phone. and it's not about being in or not being in anyone's face its just, gay is not who i am, neither is fat. sure they're aspects of who i am, of who'll i'll become, but i'm not "proud" because, i don't think i should have to be. i think my sexuality is personal. i'm not unproud or ashamed. i just, my sexuality has never been that big of a deal to me. i didn't have some huge coming out experience. everyone that loved me before i realized i was gay, still loved me after i came out. i appreciate what ruth said about not being able to change the world from the closet. the truth is i'm completely out and open with everyone i come in contact with about every aspect of my life...i guess i just feel like changing things starts at home. it's most important to me that i put children on this earth and raise them to be compassionate and accepting of all people. there's this joke within my group of friends about none of us being gay enough to go to pride, but i know that for me personally the one time i did go to pride i was overwhelmed with the amount of people there and the fact that i just seemed like a huge meat market. no pun intended, but 10,000 half-naked men, just doesn't do it for me )
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views