Sunday Roll Call/Check In/Update

Ann B.
on 9/19/04 3:42 am - Dallas, TX
Hi GLBT Family, I saw this on another OH board I am on and thought we might want to do it also. Let's get a progress report on where everyone stands in their WLS Journey. You can be brief, this will allow all to then pull up your profiles for additional info. Pre-ops and lurkers can also participate: Give us the following stats: 1. Surgery date/type or planned surgery/date type if you are pre-op 2. Pre-surgery weight 3. Current weight 4. Goal weight 5. Additional information your care to share about your WLS expereince ----------------------------------------------- 1. Surgery date: March 7, 2003 2. Pre-surgery weight= 423lbs 3. Current weight=260-264 4. Goal weight=140 5. I am 18 months out and am acting as if my "window of opportunity" for losing weight is not closed. I have been perfect with my food and water. I don't do white carbs at all only cause I don't think it would work for me given how much I still have to lose. I am making every effort to incorporate exercise in a more active way in my life. I work out every morning at 5:30 and do water aerobics. I am going back to Curves in order to have something fast and effective that I can do in the evening. I am the queen of plateaus and slow losing but I am still losing and that is all that matters. It may take me two more years to get to goal. I just really believe I will.
ruthdebra
on 9/19/04 11:05 am - Palm Springs, CA
Ann, you are doing so well - you have lost a major amount of weight. Good job on the exercise too. 1. Surgery date 12April2004 2. Pre-op weight 253 lbs 3. Current weight 179 lbs 4. Surgeon's goal - 150 - My goal 126. I'm only 5'1" tall I try to get to the gym 3 times a week for circuit training class. I've missed a few but am going tomorrow. I also swim most days. Well, at least 4-5 times/week. I'm 59 - will be 60 in November. I live in beautiful Palm Springs which is over 40% gay. Ruth
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/04 1:09 am - Yucaipa, CA
Anne babeee, as a SMO I can tell you your doing what you need to do!! You WILL lose more with that wonderful attitude and determination!! It's so cool to have something happening in our group, thanks to you and Ruth for the topics!! And thanks to you too David for jumping in!! 1. Surgery date: August 2 2000 type surgery: Fobi pouch 2. Pre-surgery weight: 440 3. Current weight: 180 4. Goal weight: I got down to 165 and I'd like to be there again, but I'm not complaining since they said I would only get to 240 I think I might be just a bit rebelious 5. Additional information your care to share about your WLS expereince: I'm workin my arse off to stay at this weight and it isn't easy!!! Bonnie Young Still Dancing Like No One's Looking!! http://community.webshots.com/user/byoung41 http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=Y1048551657 www.madonna-in-art.com http://www.lavenderdoor.com/artistdetailpage.asp?ID=25
VP122
on 9/20/04 3:22 am - Bridgeport, CT
1. Surgery date 9/27/04 RNY as you can see I'm pre-op 2. Pre-op weight- 365 3. Current weight - 362 4. Goal weight - 150 5. Additional information: Hi, I'm a 34 yr. old lesbian who's just tired of being fat...lol I'm 1 week pre-op and a little nervous. I'm reading different messages and becoming inspired with every post I read. I'm so happy to have come to this site and read so many great stories.
HealingPixie
on 9/20/04 6:19 am - Lexington, NC
1. Surgery date/type 4/7/03 Open RNY 2. Pre-surgery weight 211-215 3. Current weight 110-115 4. Goal weight I never put a number on it..Just Healthy 5. Additional information your care to share about your WLS expereince. I am over a year out and I have some minor complications, I am trying to figure out the main cause of them and get it fixed. I do feel alot more healthy now tho as far as my PCOS, blood pressure and such, so I am thankful of that. I have a beautiful and supportive womyn and thankful for her and our family. I was a year out before we made a commitment to one another, so she was not around for the real ugly parts in the beginning..but now she is here for the arrival of some now. She gets VERY scared and worried about any little thing. But I have a tendency to hide any pains I am having or difficulties. We will figure out what is wrong with me I am sure.
Patricia T.
on 9/23/04 9:27 pm - Leaf River, IL
1. Surgery date: 12/18/2002 2. Pre-surgery weight: 244 3. Current weight: 136.5 4. Goal weight: 140 5. Additional information your care to share about your WLS expereince: I only wish I had done this sooner. I am totally enjoying my new life and doing the things I've always wanted to do. I have a partner of 17 years who has been wondurfully supportive of me. I have not been good about exercising at all, but now can do lawn work and play with our greyhounds. Life is truly wonderful for me now!!
hotyboomba
on 9/26/04 8:16 pm - sunland, CA
1. Surgery date/type: august 9, 2004. LAPBAND. 2. Pre-surgery weight: 467 3. Current weight: 422 4. Goal weight: comfortable. i mean, when i can snowboard, i've reached my goal 5. Additional information your care to share about your WLS experience: uh, nope?
sramirez
on 9/28/04 11:04 pm - Greensboro, NC
Well here is my info 1. Surgery date: 10/22/type or planned surgery: Lap 2. Pre-surgery weight: 345 3. Current weight: 345 4. Goal weight: 160 5. Additional information your care to share about your WLS expereince: I am so looking forward to gettin on the losing side. I believe this surgery will make a hugh difference in my life and I am looking forward to everything that will come. I am espcially looking forward to being more active with my children again I miss that alot more then anything else! So here a cheer to all of you who have already gone thru the first part with many blessings and well wishes to everyone in reaching your goals. enjoy your day everyone Sophia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views