Why is this board not active????

lraihl
on 9/15/04 1:46 am - Joshua, TX
Good morning! I was just wondering why this board is so inactive..... As a community one would think we would pull together and have one heck of a support group. I had my surgery Aug. 17th 2004. I am doing well. The mental aspect has been a bit weird for me. I am now starting my 5th week and have lost 53 pounds. Which is pretty darn good in my opinion. I just worry that I will stop losing and that scares me. My partner of 7 years decided that she did not want to be with me anymore since my surgery ( 3 weels out). I think this is more due to her own eating issues and not wanting to face them, and seeing me lose weight and exercising just kind of puts it in her face more and she is not willing to look inside herself at this point and time. So, now I am basically on this roller coaster and just wanting it to stop and let me off, and yet I am enjoying my clothes getting huge and people commenting about my loss. Well, I have just "dumped" on you all and was just wondering if anyone else has gone through is going through any of this? And why aren't we more active on this board? In this society our community needs to help each other - so I guess I will get it going and ask for help. Thanks Lisa
Ann B.
on 9/15/04 9:32 am - Dallas, TX
Hi Lisa, I don't have a great answer to your question except that the GLBT yahoo group is very active. Congrats on your successes. I am sorry to hear about your partner. It may be especially hard to hear but you really are better off without anyone around you who is negative in any way. This is not an easy journey. We need all the cheerleaders and supporters we can get. I am 18 months out, down 163lbs and still have 130 to go. Just keep putting out the word for help. You will be amazed at the folks that will step forward. I wish you well. A
Cheryl S. B.
on 9/16/04 1:26 am - in the country near Dallas, TX
Hi Ann! Are you referring to "wls-lgbt@yahoogroups"? I want to be sure that I join the "right" one... Thanks! Cheryl
ruthdebra
on 9/16/04 2:14 pm - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Lisa - I am disappointed too that this board is not as active as it could be. OK - I am going to make a point of checking and posting to it every time I go to OH. I'm on the over 50's quite a bit (there's one other lesbian there) and CA once in a while. I'm the only out lesbian there. Odd, isn't it. I'm sorry about your partner kicking you down when you're in this somewhat fragile healing stage. Your weight loss is terrific and being able to do more is also. I was 3 months out to have lost 53 lbs. Don't worry about "dumping" on us - we're here to support each other. Donna was doing some themes and questions. Let's start that again. Yes - we need to be more active as a community. Let us know how you are coming along. Ruth
Jennie C.
on 9/17/04 6:13 pm - sacramento, CA
Hey Ruth I am on the CA board and out so your not alone Lisa, the weight you lost is that all from after surgery or did you lose some before as well? I haven't had surgery yet but will next month. My partner had RNY Aug 16th and has lost 35lbs since surgery 65lbs all together but seems to be in some kind of a rut she hasn't lose much in the past 2 weeks only like a pound or 2. Anybody else have that problem? I usually post my questions on the CA board because there are more people but I am going to start posting them on this board and maybe others will as well and it might start the ball rolling? Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views