First Post - Post Op

timsmith4441
on 6/30/04 4:54 pm - Omaha, NE
First Post-Op post - I had my surgery 6-24-04 and my first follow-up with Dr. Wizman on 6/30/04. Things went really well for both. My surgery was on schedule and all went as planned. I actually felt pretty good afterwards. I was up and walking the halls as planned by early evening. I did and still do have nausea. My complaints and concerns are minimal. I did have an allergic reaction to the morpheme and did not use it much (I itched and turned red all over). I am glad that things went smooth for me this first week. My partner, Chris, took great care of me. It is comforting to know you have your own personal nurse watching out for you. I came home Saturday afternoon and was glad to get home. Monday I thought I was just fine and got to work around the house unpacking and such. I over did it a bit and felt the pain later. I read in the book Before and After by Susan Maria and it gently reminded me to do nothing. That is hard for me to do but it is necessary. I had my follow-up with Dr. Wizman today. I am progressing as expected and had a loss of 20 pounds in 6 days. WOW! My diet is progressing through the stages as taught my Dr. Wizman and his staff. I am struggling to get my liquids in each day. I have done better each day and will work toward that goal of 64oz per day each day. I am determined to do it! Thanks to each of you that have offered your support. It is great being a part of the ObesityHelp family.
Patricia T.
on 6/30/04 11:17 pm - Leaf River, IL
Tim, Welcome to the losing side!! I am so glad you are feeling good and have not major ill effects. Keep working on the fluids and walk, walk, walk. Look forward to more updates. Pat
Huntsmen
on 7/1/04 12:47 am - Eugene, OR
Tim, Congrats on doing so well after your surgery. I know what it is like to have a "Nurse Ratchet" by your side, Michael was wonderful to me during, and after, the recovery process. Make sure to follow the advice and don't do too much at first, and in time, you will be a svelt man walking down the street, and all the guys chasing you, and you just laugh, cause you know you have the best man there is in town. Keep it down!!!!!! Dan
ruthdebra
on 7/1/04 5:48 am - Palm Springs, CA
Hi Tim - Congratulations on your first loss - and want to tell you how glad I am about your recovery - looks like things are going smoothly. What would we do without our loving partners - they make every day better. Looking forward to your postings - and if there's anything I can help with, I'd be happy to. This is from the advanced wisdom of almost 12 weeks. Ruth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 426 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 1003 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1372 views