ANY SURGEONS IN FLORIDA ACCEPT UNITED HEALTHCARE COMMUNITY PLAN...

ShayM
on 8/4/14 11:04 pm - Rockledge, FL

I live in Brevard County, but I am willing to travel for a surgeon that will accept my insurance for RNY Revision Surgery. If you know of anyone I can approach, please let me know. Naturally, the closer to where I am the better, but please do not allow distance to factor into who you suggest. 

Thank you so very much!

Jessica76218
on 8/6/14 4:25 am

Yes, there is a surgeon. He is in Ocala his name is Dr. Salvador Ramos with Central Florida Surgery Services Center. He is awesome, I have the same insurance and having my sleeve done in September

ShayM
on 8/9/14 4:59 pm - Rockledge, FL

Thank you so much! I contacted Dr. Ramos' office. It doesn't seem as if he does revision surgery except with gastric banding. I plan on attending one of his seminars to find out. I appreciate your kind assistance. Thanks...

Michael Eak
on 8/8/14 2:18 am - Saint Petersburg, FL

Have you've check with Bariactric Surgeons in Brevard County, also ask your insurance who they recommend.

Otherwise Dr. Ernest Rehnke at the Palms of Pasadena Hospital (next to St. Pete Beach) does accept United Healthcare

In fact he did my  RNY revisional a year ago June 2013.  their website is www.obesitynomore.com

Best of prayers, Mike Eak

ShayM
on 8/9/14 5:05 pm - Rockledge, FL

Thank you! I will send him an email first thing tomorrow. How are you progressing after surgery.

Shay

Michael Eak
on 8/11/14 5:03 am - Saint Petersburg, FL

Since my revisional 14 months ago, I've lost 137 pounds. Feeling better again and still moving forward. Hopefully my next surgery will be my last to remove my hanging belly between my thighs. I started 9 years ago at 850# (I was in a WW magazine article years ago.) I'm at  447 right now and sticking to the program but enjoying life too and my intestines let me know when I'm eating incorrectly. LOL.

SONGBIRD36
on 11/30/14 11:34 am

hello im in miami fl i had the realize band in  july 2012 by Jorge Rabaza i lost 98lbs the beginning of this year ive been having complications ive gained 50 back im also very soar where port is . At the time i had AvMed now working part time cant find insurance for revision or to even to remove it i have share of cost but looking for surgeon...HELP PLEASE

Charlene W.
on 12/12/14 1:55 am - Melbourne, FL

Hello Shay,

Look into contacting Robert Marema.  He does revisions from other doctors.  Not sure what insurance he accepts.  He is in St. Augustine.

Charlene

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views