Straight FL Medicaid requirements? ???

Kdiva
on 4/23/14 1:28 pm - Margate, FL

Can anybody tell me the requirements for surgery with straight FL Medicaid?  Or have a number that I can call to inquire? TIA

Heavy Duty00
on 5/12/14 12:36 pm

The UF bariatric clinic has a good page about medicaid requirements.  I've found that once you find/pick a doctor that accepts your plan the coordinators are usually familiar with what is required.  When I called my plan (formerly health ease) they would not give me ANY info. All they would tell me is it has to be medically necessary. Customer service number should be on the back of your card our Google your county medicaid customer service number. I hope this kinda helped (?). 

Kdiva
on 5/12/14 12:51 pm - Margate, FL

Was you required to do the 6 month supervised diet?

Heavy Duty00
on 5/12/14 1:28 pm

Only 3 Months with health ease.  I am kinda starting my process over. I go back to my doctor next week to get a new checklist.  I hope i don't have to do another 3 Months. I did all of my pre op stuff last year but got a new job so then it all went on the back burner. My nutrition consults were literally a 5 minute conversation on the telephone. 

Kdiva
on 5/12/14 1:57 pm - Margate, FL

I'm starting my process over again. I was on Humana & got approved & surgery date.  However after researching more decided on another surgeon who wasn't  in the Humana network. I just changed from Humana to straight Medicaid. I'm  being resubmitted for approval this week. I was able to use all my prior pre-ops. I've heard so many conflicting information on 3/6 months of supervised diet. Just was curious 

Heavy Duty00
on 5/12/14 9:19 pm

Let me know how it turns out. I'm dealing with medicaid share of cost now instead of health ease.

Sounds like you are almost all set!  

Kdiva
on 5/12/14 9:30 pm - Margate, FL

I will

Kdiva
on 6/8/14 11:06 am - Margate, FL

Just wanted to update this post. I was submitted for approval on 5/20/14. At the same time given a surgery date of 5/28/14. Went the entire week w/o any news of approval/ denial.  Office was closed on Monday 5/26/14 due to Memorial Day. On Tuesday office staff called & found out Medicaid never received submitted info. So insurance staff at surgeon office called  in for a approval at 9:40 am.....at 11:40 am I received a phone call that I was approved for surgery the next day!!! Talk about down to the wire!!!! Surgery went great & I'm recovering accordingly. 

Heavy Duty00
on 6/10/14 3:04 am

Omg that's awesome! Wow that was fast!

shall0927
on 5/17/14 8:20 am

Are u or did u go to UF? that's where I'm going!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views