Caught between a rock and a hard place

ToniLee
on 6/21/13 11:15 pm

Hi Amy, I haven't checked the Florida board in ages and happened to see this.  Both my hubby and daughter had the sleeve done in Mexico by Dr. Alvarez.  You fly into San Antonio and his driver Rosie picks you up and takes you to the hotel and back a couple days later.  The facility is older but his staff and his office is top notch.  I've heard good things about Aceves also.  I think they are both similar experience.  Alvarez is right across the border so close my cell phone never roamed!!  If you have any questions feel free to ask me I went both times with them.  I also had plastics in Mexico, while not for everyone also an excellent experience.

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

petham61
on 7/31/13 3:40 pm

ToniLee I see you had a revision. Did you have issues with your OP with Dr.Jawad ?

Beckypooh
on 7/6/13 8:27 am - DeBary, FL

Hi Amy,

How amazing that you have been able to lose so much weight without the surgery! Wow!  I had RNY in 2004 when I weighed 272 lbs. (My highest weight had been 295). I have no regrets and I truly believe I wouldn't have conquered my type II Diabetes and Sleep Apnea without it. I got down to 150 lbs, became pregnant with twins in 2006 and only put on about 25 pregnancy lbs.

Later, the stresses of life - financial, my husband working night shifts, home alone with 2 babies, being sedentary and too busy to exercise, all formed a "perfect storm" in which I have now gained my weight back to 238 lbs. Having the surgery didn't really cure my addiction to food and I do continue to turn to food for comfort and entertainment at times.

Before you do something drastic I feel a duty to warn you that this is not a cure... you can gain back weight after having this surgery.  I only mention it in your case because you have lost 100 lbs 3 times! Not an easy feat and not easy to keep off! Good luck with whatever you choose.

Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views