Starting my journey.

boneca
on 6/5/13 2:00 pm
For many years I have wanted surgery. 10 years ago I started trying and I had one setback after another. Finally, through my wonderful husband joining the military I have Tricare.
I am pretty proactive so I tend to do things fast when possible.
Last week I researched and selected a PCM. Then I made an appointment for today.
I also found a bariatric surgeon and selected an OB/ GYN. I signed up for a weight loss seminar and attended yesterday. I spoke with the surgeon and he agrees that we need to rush things a bit since my husband and I are moving around the end of September. He has a month wait list but he instructed his staff to work me in and is actually going to extend his regular office hours for me!
Today I had my first appointment with my PCM. He gave me the referrals and I will see the bariatric surgeon next Friday.

I have no idea what to expect, and I am going to keep a log so others can hopefully benefit from my journey.

Wish me luck!
snowiekate
on 6/6/13 8:24 am - FL

Good luck. :)

boneca
on 6/7/13 12:53 am

Today I received notification from Humana that my referral to the bariatric surgeon was approved! This means that next Friday is definitely a GO!!!

I'm so excited I just threw up a little.

Another Fatone
on 6/7/13 12:05 pm, edited 6/7/13 12:05 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Hi

Where is Philadelphia Florida?

boneca
on 6/7/13 2:23 pm
Another Fatone
on 6/8/13 11:52 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Your surgeon is in Philadelphia. Are you going to have surgery there or Florida? 

boneca
on 6/8/13 2:31 pm
Another Fatone
on 6/8/13 8:57 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

I'm still trying to figure it out.LOL

boneca
on 6/14/13 6:28 am

Today I saw the surgeon and, I have to say, I felt overwhelmed. He said I need self control and marked that I need to lose 30 lbs. before surgery. Hello! If I could lose weight on my own I would! I have PCOS and it is extremely hard to lose weight. I already am a vegan and I work out 5 days a week.

The only thing I can think of is to drop my intake to 800 cals a day and do an at-home medi-fast. This should be fun. 

boneca
on 8/3/13 5:44 am
Last week I had a hysterectomy. I am now on birth control and my OB/GYN says this should help with my weight loss efforts.
Monday I am going to my bariatric surgeon to schedule my surgery. Tricare has said they require only a letter from my physician saying it is recommended.
The surgeon required that I visit a dietician, fitness consultant and a psychologist. I did that and they all enthusiastically signed off. I was down to 366 but I gained a bit if weight after surgery. (It's perfectly normal) since I am unable to exercise I can only focus only restricting my calories.

Hopefully I will have surgery in the next few weeks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views