Dr. Kim in Celebration

Katie K.
on 5/10/13 6:14 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

I have to use a mask that covers my nose and mouth. I can't sleep with my mouth shut, even when I use a chin strap. I sleep on my side and on my stomach and there's no problem with the mask. I don't know what they'll do about the clearance since I haven't had the consult yet.

Another Fatone
on 5/10/13 6:24 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Are you thinking of the $600 program fee? That doesn't include the psych and nut. Not really sure what it *does* cover, but I do know it doesn't cover that. Also, at your initial consult, you'll have to pay $250 as a downpayment of that program fee.

Wow... Jesse James had a horse and 2 guns.

I think I will have to sell some property....but I will keep moving ahead.

I'll post whatever I learn.

Thank you for your help.

Katie K.
on 5/10/13 6:29 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

Yeah, it gets pricey, but it's definitely worth the rest of your life.

Glad to help :)

Another Fatone
on 5/15/13 10:00 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Hi Katie

I got a call from Shawna today and an email from her. I do have a question:

The day after the Wed night seminar I received an email and it wanted me to fill out some sort of registration medical questionaire.

Today in Shawna's email to me was attached a 15 page questionaire.

Question: which one do they use? Which one does Dr Kim use?

I'm a little confused.

Katie K.
on 5/15/13 10:11 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
They use both. The online one gets you into their system. The attached one you bring to your appointment with the nurse practitioner.
Another Fatone
on 5/15/13 10:20 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Thank you.

I see my pcp tomorrow to get the letter of necessity. I wonder if he will give it to me.

I left messages for the psyc and nut appointments but no call back .....yet.  

Another Fatone
on 5/15/13 10:31 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Katie

did you see your pulmon dr yet?

Katie K.
on 5/15/13 10:46 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
It may take a few days (maybe a week) to get calls for your appointments. Don't get discouraged. You saw how many people were at the information session and that was just one night. They have them every Wednesday.
RebYitzchak
on 5/16/13 6:17 am - FL
RNY on 04/17/13

I filled out forms the night of the seminar, and then filled out all the medical questionaire online the next day. I made multiple calls to the office and no message was ever returned. I even emailed the program coordinator at Dr. Kim's office and heard nothing back.

The day I called Dr. Marema's office I spoke to a live person. I was sent all of the same forms, filled them out, and the next day I had an appt for the following week with Dr. Marema. At that appt I scheduled my surgery, since I was self pay. It was over 2 weeks before anyone at Dr. Kim's office returned my call. This is just my experience.

I am so thankful that I found Dr. Marema. His staff, and the folks at Flager are top notch. Almost makes me wish I lived in St. Augustine.

RNY - 4/17/13     HW - 463  SW - 428  CW - 263

Another Fatone
on 5/16/13 12:48 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Reb,

How did your surgery go? How do you feel now?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views