New Member looking for support friends

Mssequel_52
on 8/1/12 3:01 am
I'm take vitamins, because it's something we should do daily anyways; however which ever surgery you have, you'll find that you'll need to take vitamins for energy and to put back some of the things that your body is missing.

I take a multiple gummy vitamin, and I take B-12 like twice a week; I wasn't use to taking vitamins and I was able to start doing so without any problems. When I first came home my potassin was low, but it seems to be mellowing out now.

I found that as long as I eat foods that are healthy for me, and drink plenty of water, I'm doing good. Some people told me to use crystal light, but I prefer plain water to the flavored water, and I drink about two protein shakes a day between meals.

I do have a weaknees for potatoe chips, so I started buying those chips that Special K makes, and since I can't stand to eat like two of them, I'm good...LOL I sometimes get the tortia chips and instead of cheese dip I do the plain ole salsa.

Well now that I've given you my eating habits....LOL... I hope that I was able to help you to decide with of the two surgerys you were going to go for.

Ms.nee07
on 8/1/12 4:32 am - FL
Yes and thank you for sharing. My big sis did the by pass and she takes 12 vitamins a day.. Thats pretty extreme to me. She said I should consider the sleeve. I just cant wait to get started. At the seminar I saw sooo many ppl that were alot bigger than me and they looked miserable. One girl asked why was I there and said if she could just be my size. This made me sad for her and me. I replied Looks can be deceiving and I cnt fill your shoes just as u cnt fill mine. But God made our shoes, he knows our size and through him we can get through any and all things. U keep pushing and striving
Mssequel_52
on 8/1/12 8:52 am
I saw quit a few people that were way larger than I was, and I felt so sad that we as humans had let it get to that point; there were people smaller than me there as well, but I didn't know their story and felt they had their reasons for wanting to change. One thing for sure if you were too small they would never have allowed you in the seminair at least not here in north FL.

I'm glad you didn't let that person get all in your head and discourage you from doing what you need to do for yourself.

Just continue to walk forward and don't look back; make sure you stay in touch and let me know how you're progressing, and if you just need to vent or chat I'll check my page.

Adhara
on 8/1/12 8:50 am - FL
I'm in Miramar (south Florida) and I had VSG on 7/19/2012.
They do require you take calcium and a multi vitamin daily. I take liquid vitamin supplements (B-complex with C and calcium with D3 and magnesium) and add them to my 2 shakes daily. The sleeve being solely restrictive makes for less of a need for extra vitamin supplementation post op.
  Follow me on tumblr:  http://newnegativespace.tumblr.com/  VSG : 7/19/2012

Mssequel_52
on 8/1/12 8:55 am

Where did you find the liquid vitamins from? I would prefer those to add to my shakes as well; does it alter the taste of your shake?

thanks for sharing this, I knew I might be missing a few vitamins, but I figured the multi had me covered along with the B-12

Adhara
on 8/1/12 9:21 am - FL
 Got my liquids at NutritionsMart. I've been using them since before surgery. The calcium is lemon flavored so I do notice it in my vanilla shakes, the B-complex multi is fruity/apple flavored and it blends in really nicely. You can also just drink it by itself as a shot or in juice. I just put both it in with my greens+ superfood and vanilla protein, in 2 separate shakes as to time the calcium and b appropriately.

danied28
on 1/19/13 10:17 am - FL
Hello Adhara, I know you posted this back in August of 2012,but I just joined this fourum and I am here in Hollywood Fl. Just starting my journey to have the sleeve. I would like if you could give me some insight on your journey.
Ms.nee07
on 8/1/12 12:22 pm - FL
Ok I will and Thanks for ur help... Hello Adhara congrats on ur surgery. I live in NW Miami Dade.. Liberty City. So we are very close
Adhara
on 8/1/12 2:00 pm - FL
 Hi! Wonderful! It's great to know there's someone's ese on this journey nearby!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views