New Member looking for support friends

Mssequel_52
on 5/2/12 1:45 am, edited 7/29/12 11:18 pm
Hi I am a new member to the site and looking for some friends who would be willing to encourage me as well as be encouraged. I live in Jacksonvlle area, but don't mind making friends in any part of FL. I will be having my surgery on Friday (May 4th), and would really like some advice on how to get thru the next two weeks of pure liquid.

Mandy R.
on 6/5/12 11:20 am - Callahan, FL
Hi, I live just north of Jacksonville. How are you doing?
Mandy

HW-298  SW-251 Loss/Month post RNY(1)-23.5,(2)-23.3,(3)-9.9,(4)-10.6,(5)-8.9,(6)-7.7,(7)-4.2,(8)-7.5,(9)-1.7,(10)-10.8*first goal reached*,(11)-6,(12)-1.3,(13)-0.3,(14)+2.9-*changed scales that weigh 2lbs heavier*,(15)-0.3(16)-4.7(17),+5.8(18)-1.5,(19)+4.4,(20)-+4,(21)-1.2,(22)+3.5,(23)

Mssequel_52
on 7/29/12 11:04 pm, edited 7/29/12 11:17 pm
Good morning,

How are you doing, and how long have you been on this journey, and are you having difficult times with what to eat that doesn't bother your stomach?

I haven't been here in a while, but I'm doing well, I have lost a total of 59lbs I believe, if my calculations are correct, but now I feel as if I'm at a stand still. I still don't go to any support group meetings, and I feel that is so important in winning this weight loss battle.

I will make an effort to come here daily just for the encouragement, and support....

thanks for responding to me, I look forward to a growing friendship with you.
Ms.nee07
on 7/27/12 3:26 am - FL
Hello,
My name is Natasha. Im at the beginning stages, i dont really have Support. Which is why i joined this site, im in Miami But i can have friends in ANY part of florida. I look forward to your reply.
Mssequel_52
on 7/29/12 11:08 pm, edited 7/29/12 11:17 pm
Hi Natasha,

it's nice to meet you, I would like to be a friend with you, we can walk this journey together, it doesn't matter what part of FL you're in, as Miami really isn't that far away....LOL.

I am into this for a few months now, and I find my hardest struggle is to find foods that doesn't bother my stomach,; it could be I'm eating the wrong foods, or I have a sensitive stomach, but I'm going to ask my doctor about that.

I've lost a total of 59lbs if my calculations are correct, but now I feel as if I'm at a stand still, which could be to lack of exercise. I have to get more of that in !!!

I look forward to hearing from you, and know that we'll do this with great care.
Ms.nee07
on 7/30/12 4:17 am - FL
Hi!! Thanks for replying. Did u have your surgery already? And dnt feel bad 59lbs is good dnt be discouraged. Keep pushin, and keep fighting. Do u believe in God? Ask him for strength. If your arent use to exercising it could be a challeng but u have to reframe, change your way of thinking. But you can do it!
Mssequel_52
on 7/30/12 6:19 am
Hi....

Yes I had my surgery on May 4th of this year.... it was a long process to get it scheduled, but it was worth the wait; I am not discouraged at this point, just amazed is more like it. Yes I do believe in God, He is my Salvation.

I know I have to evidentially get out there and start moving my feet one foot in front of the other; a co-worker of mine mentioned that she gets up and walk before work, I think that would work for me, because it's still early enough not to be too hot out for walking, and I could also take that time to watch the morning begin to come alive.

Ms.nee07
on 7/30/12 8:53 am - FL
Yea walking is really good. I havent gotten my surgery yet, I'm goin for my first appt on the 9th of August. I cnt wait to start losing weight and feelin great.. Which baristric surgery did you get?
Mssequel_52
on 7/30/12 11:03 pm
Good morning,

I'm so excited for you. I know you're excited as well....just focus on what is expected of you, and keep moving forward. I was anxious and excited all at the same time, when I had my first appt, and I was like "oh yea" I'm one step closer to my goal.

I had the gastric sleeve, I have been doing research for about the last three years, and found this one was what I felt would work best for me, and I'm not regretful at all. The weight comes off because I'm only allowed to eat so much, and I've notice that things I wanted to eat before surgery, my system won't allow me to eat now.

I have no desire for sweets, and trust me when I say I was a sweet tooth person, now I replace it with fresh fruit. I had to figure some things out on my own; like what foods my system would accept and which ones it won't, so I'm where I know what I can and can't eat now.

Make sure to have plenty of water on hand, and drink your protein shakes (they do make a difference).

Ms.nee07
on 7/31/12 3:25 am - FL
I'm really anxious! Im thinking about the sleeve too. Question, ok so I know that with By-pass u have to take all these vitamins for the rest of your life... Is it the same with the sleeve?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views