Lakeland/Mulberry - Post Op Support group??

C J
on 3/4/12 2:22 am - Franklin, MA

Is there a local pre/post op support group in the area?

My brother lives in the Lakeland, FL (near Mulberry) he's currently in the Tampa General weight loss program with Dr. Michel Murr.   I'm  trying to help him as much as I can having been thru this myself (I'm in Massachusetts 13Months Post op RNY)

My brother doesn't drive as his eyesight is poor due to his diabetes.  We have another brother that lives in Lakeland as well but he's got a wife and two very time consuming children!  He and his wife take my brother to Tampa for all of his appointments but my concern is long term care post op support which will be a big part of his success.  It wouldn't be a huge deal to get to the hospitals support group once a month but I thought I'd start asking around!

Here in Massachusetts I am able to attend my hospitals support group once a month along with a second group comprised of non medical staff... just a bunch of post-ops that get together and talk about issues, hurdles, successes etc.  Personally, I find the second group to be much more beneficial.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views