smoking test...!!!??!????

Elizabeth S.
on 12/26/11 5:54 pm - spring hill, FL
RNY on 03/20/12
HI all.. i am using Dr  Kfir Ben-David for my sugery - he has recently changed his requirement for stop smoking up to 3 months prior!  While I have quit - I just found out that they test two weeks prior to the surgery .. which means 3 1/2 months really - so I am trying to find out the test used so I can see if I will pass..Also some tests that I have found are showing just exposure will mess up results - which would be another problem.  PLS PLS PLS all those that have used Dr. Kfir Ben-David - pls let me know the test he uses to determine you have quit smoking so I can see if my surgery is going to end up being delayed and if I need to "stay away" from family until after..
Thanks to all
VERY SCARED in Florida..
Liz 
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 8:30 am
I don't know your doc, but I would think that if you'd call and tell them that you have quit they will not punish you for it. Quitting is the 1st goal, I understand docs wantt you to quit before the operations to make healing faster and better. I have never heard of anybody being tested for nicotine, I do know such tests are available because the Orlando Sentinal ran an article about an EMT who got fired because he smoked in a job where he wasn't allowed to.  I would call your doc and be honest and see what he says.

Good Luck
Petra
Emily F.
on 12/30/11 9:36 am
I know my insurance does a cheek swab to test for nicotine. I'm not sure your doctor's test. It would be a good question for them.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views