Had a great experience with surgery at Florida Medical Center 11/30

lane74
on 12/25/11 1:05 am - CORAL SPRINGS, FL
 Just wanted to post that I had surgery on 11/30 with Dr. Bayron at Florida Medical Center.  Everything was top-notch.  Very attentive staff, from pre-op to when I was on the floor post op.  All the bariatric patients rooms are private, they look like hotel rooms with wood floors, flat screen TV, a couch for my guests to visit, etc.  The surgery was great (VSG), it took less than an hour.  The surgeon (Dr. Bayron), the anesthesiologist (Dr Pappy) and the CRNA (Mirta) were great, as were the nurses on the floor.  I had no pain after the 1st day and felt I could have gone back to work on Monday (I had the surgery on a Wednesday), but I took the whole week off and haven't looked back.  When I had my staples removed after 11 days, I was 23 pounds down!!

feel free to email me in private for more info
Tenacious88
on 1/1/12 4:26 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: Lane 74
                Happy New Year. Just checking in on you to see how you're doing. How is the recovery, any complications, pain, throw-ups or dumping ? I pray you are not having of these things going on. I still have not had surgery, hope you don't mind all the questions. Questions and answers are the best way you can help us that are waiting for surgery. I placed you name on my friends list, so any time you want, please post.
I pray God's richest blessings upon you in 2012.
lane74
on 1/1/12 11:11 pm, edited 1/1/12 11:12 pm - CORAL SPRINGS, FL
Hi, I don't check the board too too often, so forgive my tardiness.

I have had not one complication (knock on wood). I had the surgery a month ago (Nov 30, to be precise). I didn't take 1 pain killer after my surgery (they gave me one when I was in recovery, but when I was lucid, I haven't taken as much as a tylenol since). No vomiting, no diarrhea, no issues at all. I went back to work in a week, and I think I could have gone back sooner. I was very lucky, I bounced back from the surgery so quickly, I surprised myself.

I saw Dr. Bayron about 11 days post op (to get the staples out of my abdomen) and was down 23 pounds, and I go back for my 6 week postop next week. The worst part of the post-op experience was the staples over the first two weeks, they got itchy as the skin healed, lol.

I just started eating "solid" foods, like tuna fish, and shaved turkey slices from the Publix deli (about 1 ounce worth is all I can do right now).

I'm not weighing myself at all, I figure it will be what it will be. I'll weigh in at Dr. Bayron's next week.

I feel great, I exercise every morning before work (30 minutes on a treadmill). I am down 2 pants sizes in less than 5 weeks. Amazing. That's more important to me than a scale's numbers.

Best of luck to everyone in 2012.

Tenacious88
on 1/2/12 8:35 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi:  Great to hear you're doing so well. It's amazing that you're eating solid foods already, only  after  a month post-op. Yes, that's what I hear, stay away from the scale. During your stay at the hospital did you meet or are you in touch with other patients that had surgery at the same time you did? Do you attend post-op meetings? Please keep me posted, would like to follow your progress, it'll help me when I get my WLS. Keep it going.
Happy 2012
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views