Orlando area

rthomas1964
on 11/28/11 6:30 am - Orlando, FL
Is there anybody in the Orlando area? I am having my surgery on December 5th and would love a buddy to keep in contact with.
Tenacious88
on 12/5/11 10:00 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
HI: rthomas 
                    Did live in Orlando, now in Fort Lauderdale, we can all still be friends on OH.  Hoping all goes well for you. Stay in touch.
Gods Speed.
rthomas1964
on 12/10/11 4:16 am - Orlando, FL
Surgery went well for me. I am just trying to learn how I am supposed to eat. I am sooooooo confused. Yesterday I was still drinking something, either water or protein shake, 30cc every 20 minutes like I was in the hospital. Today I managed to drink one whole 8oz shake and 10 oz of water so far. Should I know be eating like 3 meals a day or am I doing ok?
Tenacious88
on 12/10/11 3:10 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: rthomas1964
                         Congrats on your surgery. I think the thing to do right now is to follow your doctors orders, on what you should be drinking or eating. Of all that I have read you should only be on water and shakes, for the first few weeks. You need to give your stomach a chance to heal. Solid food is something you should not be eating for now. Your vitamins, water and shakes are the main things you need for now. You can cause damage if rush back into eating like you use too. Please, Please go slow you'll get there, but in a safe way.
I have not had WLS surgery yet, so everything I'm telling you I have to apply to myself when I get my surgery. Continue to read and  please keep in touch with your doctor / nut.
You are doing great, stay on track. Keep us posted.
Regards: 88
rthomas1964
on 12/10/11 9:22 pm - Orlando, FL
Ty for the advise. Yes I am going slow I just want to be sure not to get sick from NOT eating or drinking enough, lol/ Never thought I would ever say that. When do u plan on having your surgery? It is just nice having someone to talk to. My husband is wonderful but he doesn't understand. You can call me Becky by the way.
Tenacious88
on 12/11/11 11:14 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14
Hi: Becky
               Good to hear that you are taking it slow & easy. After WLS we have to re-think and train our mind not to think of food as before. The surgery was to your stomach not your brain, so you'll still have these feelings that you need to eat more, but don't do it. Food is what got us to the point of needing surgery, so we have to adapt a new way of dealing with what we put in our mouths. It took years for (us) you to get obese, so it stands to reason that it will take time for (us) you to reach your goals. This is not an over-night fix, you'll have to work for it, exercise, vitamins, water, shakes, healthy foods and regular visits to your doctors.
Start walking every day, get a good nights rest and sip, sip water.
I think one of the hardest thing during your journey is family and friend support.
It all has to do with a lack of knowledge about the surgery and what the person getting the surgery is going through on a daily bases. Once they see the chance in you, they will start realizing that what you did for yourself what the correct thing. But it's all up to you to do the right things to stay on the winning side. I can see that your husband is a good guy, he just needs time to win him over to your side. ( Be at peace, it'll come )
Now about me, I have to wait until the summer when my 12 year old daughter is out of school, I'm a single Dad so she depends totally on me. I also have a 39 year old daughter who lives in Kissimmee, Fl, but she is a busy mom and business woman, so she can't help. I still have time to work things out. I'm 63, 255 lbs, 40.4 bmi, hypertensive, diabetic, and take lots of medications. My goal is to get off all medications & get healthy so that I can be around for my daughter.
My Motto Is "Time is the MASTER"
Stay well my friend.   
PS: You can call me, Lou
rthomas1964
on 12/11/11 11:07 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Lou;
I totally understand about you wanting to be around for your daughter. My family is supportive but u r right when u say they don't understand. Especially my 84 yr old Grandmother lol, she is funny and asks me questions all the time. You definetly sound like u will qualify for the surgery. As far as meds go prior tpp surgery i was on metformin, lisinopril,coreg, and crestor for my many ailments. I haven't had to take anything except my coreg since surgery. My blood sugars have been running around 103. My BP has been too low to take the lisinopril and I have had to cut my coreg in 1/2. I am probably going to have to take that for life because I have palpatations. I wish u luck and please keep me informed of when u have you surgery,
Becky

HW: 330 4/2011; pre surgery wt:313; surgery wt: 295

suziq143
on 12/6/11 9:58 am
I live just outside of Central Florida, I hope your surgery went well for you!!!

Suzi
rthomas1964
on 12/10/11 4:21 am - Orlando, FL
My surgery went well. This is post op day 5. The first day after surgery I said to myself "OMG what did I do?" But today I am much better, I am even feeling hungry today. I am just having a real hard time figuring out how I am supposed to eat. I guess I will figure it out..
ToniLee
on 12/11/11 9:03 pm, edited 12/11/11 9:03 pm
Congrats on your surgery!!  Good to see someone with Daryl's name under the avatar!!  He's an old family friend.  He had a whole packet with instructions on eating.  Dr. Jawad did my surgery and back then I wasn't allowed real food until 9 weeks out.  Make sure to get to a support group, any support group will work.  Most groups take anyone from any doctor. Its good to have that contact with others in your shoes.

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr