Tampa Bay area support group

Elizabeth S.
on 11/18/11 8:12 pm - spring hill, FL
RNY on 03/20/12
Looking for others in the Tampa Bay, FL area to start / join a support group.   I am in Spring Hill and want to find others between here and Tampa that can maybe meet in the middle - or even meet where ever the majority are - to get together maybe once every two -four weeks ..
Please message me in OH - or email me directly at [email protected] if you are interested or know of a group already started.. thanks and LETS BE LOSERS TOGETHER!! ;-) 
Joe Cool
on 11/19/11 1:03 pm

Keep me updated with this venture.  I'm interested in this as well.

Ht: 5'4" HW: 320 Pre-op Diet weight 1/20/12: 315 Surgery weight 2/3/12: 301  

VSG - 2/3/2012
Elizabeth S.
on 11/21/11 12:09 am - spring hill, FL
RNY on 03/20/12
 Tina - will do - not getting anything back yet on either support groups that have started or ones that are interested in our area.. but hey - we know we have each other at least lol - might not be able to understand what is happening to us as we wont have a "done that been there" supporter.. but sometimes just having someone to pick you up when you fall or cheer you on is enough.. ;-)
suesue53
on 11/24/11 10:55 am - Central Florida, FL
I would be interested in a support group. I work in Tampa and live in Valrico but could drive some but probably not too far out west like Citrus Park that makes it about an hour from work and my home. I didn't know if you had any general locations in mind.

Elizabeth S.
on 11/25/11 2:33 am - spring hill, FL
RNY on 03/20/12
 Sue
dont have any specific  locations at this time as I am just trying to see if there IS a support group already in Tampa area - and if not - who would be interested in getting one together.. so havent gotten that far lol.. There are two of us (three now counting you ;-) that have replied to this thread..and Im also checking with other areas.. I will add your name to the list I have started and AS soon as I get a whats/what I will let you know so we can coordinate an area that works best for all ..
TTYS
Liz
patric01
on 12/2/11 12:03 am - FL
Dr.  Alfredo Fernadez office has a support group run by his Nut. Barbra Correll at different locations you can go to her website and get dates and locations barabracorell.com
patric01
on 12/2/11 12:04 am - FL
patric01
on 12/2/11 12:07 am - FL
Tampa area support groups get there early they are good and usually packed got to http://barbaracorrell.com/
carlak
on 12/6/11 3:24 pm - Bradenton, FL
Keep me posted I'm interested. I live in Bradenton. Carla
image hosting site

Elizabeth S.
on 12/7/11 7:53 pm - spring hill, FL
RNY on 03/20/12
 Ok all - Im pretty much just getting the same thing from everywhere I check - there doesnt seem to be an "OH" support group already formed - so... those that are interested - in forming just a "Oh lean on me / friends" etc kinda group - pls email me: [email protected]
Please make sure you add your city as I want to try to find something about middle ground for all interested.. 
However - it is still HIGHLY recommended that we either join our surgeons support group - or find one that is local to you (there are tons all over.. call your surgeon and chances are they know of some that are closer to you.)  

And dont forget to join Bariatric Buddy Group here in OH.. meets online to chat every monday at 7p est!! Fun AND informative.

OH is perfect support group for when we are home.. I think I may have one in New Port Richey - Im waiting on response now.. I will post info here for any that are interested if it turns out Im right..

Thanks all - and hope we can meet up - even if its only once in awhile!  would be awesome to have a group of friends that A) understand the ups n downs, b) wont judge - but be supportive  and c) allows for equal back n forth situation!

Well - hope to receive those emails..
Love, hugs & prayers
Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to ALL
Liz
 LET'S BE LOSERS TOGETHER!! ;-)        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here