Artificial sweetner

bjbutterfly
on 11/3/11 1:48 pm - FL
I am worried about artifical sweetners, as of now I get headaches when I eat anything with it in the item. I know after my RNY I cannot have the real sugar and a lot of the recipes I see is sugarfree which has the artificial sweetners. I heard that your tastebuds change after awhile from surgery. Has anyone had this problem with sweetners, but was able to overcome it throughout time after surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 3:21 am
I am four years post op and have always used artificial sweeteners. I have never had a headache or migraine until this last Jan. I have now had this migraine for 2.91 days. I went off the sweeteners and it still did nothing.
I am not sure if that helped but good luck. It might be better just to do all natural stuff with no sweeteners at all.
Best wishes Kristen
Elizabeth S.
on 11/18/11 8:09 pm - spring hill, FL
RNY on 03/20/12
 I have issues with many of the sweetners.. have you tried the natural ones like stevia?  If your local walmart / grocery store doesnt carry it - a natural store will or you can go to this site and order it online... http://www.getingethealthy.com  Hope this helps
bjbutterfly
on 11/23/11 7:36 am - FL
Thank you for the advice. My husband uses Stevia I did try it once and it seemed very sweet but I only tried a sip of his. It is worth it to be able to add sweetner without problems either way headache or dumping. Thank you again.

Margaret Smith
on 1/5/13 3:18 am - Lake Wales, FL

I had my RYN 11/15/04 and I have seens that day used Splenda then they came out with Walmart brand,then Public,Winne Dixie,and now my SaveALot carries SOLO brand all the same no taste differences at all,and I have NEVER had any issues with them,I use it when I cook,coffee,koolaid,   Now I cant do sweetnlow,those blue packets,or any of the others we only use the off brand of Splenda its cheaper and way cheaper at Savealot its $3;99 per bag as Splenda is like $7;00 a bag.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views