Questions for after surgery

bjbutterfly
on 10/24/11 10:22 am - FL
I am getting my GI the 2nd of Nov and then will be scheduled within that month for Gastric bypass. As I experience things I start having questions pop up. Like going to theme parks.....what are tips on eating liquids and purees while there for a day?
Also I am going to have open not laproscopic RNY how long until I can have sex after the surgery?
The other question is tips on good clothes to get to wear after? I needed new winter clothes but don't want to buy stuff that will last only a short time? Should I plan one size smaller.....also for open surgery what are some comfortable things people found to wear?
Sorry for so many questions just like to plan ahead:)
Gail P.
on 10/28/11 9:14 pm - Lakeland, FL
Hi
I would stock up on protein drinks,vitamins,   I bought small little bowls for my food when i had my surgery yrs ago,  I ate very small bits and did not pu**** by over eating.  I was not hungry until about a year out. 
I lost all my weight in 9mos. 110 pounds.    When I had my surgery, they only told me to avoid sugar, sweets etc. 
I was really good the first year to get all the weight off during the honeymoon period.  After that it gets 
harder to lose.  So I took advantage of it.   I cheated at 13 months and had glass of wine and passed out cold.  It was loaded with sugar.
I shopped at Goodwill for first year , as every 3 mos , I had to get new clothes.  It worked fine.  

I had open Rny and was home for 6 weeks before felt like doing anything.  I wore loose clothes home from hospital. I had 3 kids single parent at the time.  We stopped at grocery store on way home and I remember walking slowly thru the store.  I felt like a truck ran over me. But I would do it again in heartbeat.  
Good luck on your surgery, follow your doctors instructions  and you will be fine. 
bjbutterfly
on 10/28/11 10:50 pm - FL
Thank you for the info. You are supermom going through it alone with 3 kids. It's nice hearing you did it with kids, I have 2 high need kids, but am married so I have help but was still worried. Your tips are much appreciated, I will start hitting Goodwill and stock up on the protein shakes. Did you have one flavor that was the best?
ToniLee
on 12/11/11 9:23 pm
Congrats on your surgery.  I didn't know they still did open RNY's anymore.  Your recovery  will certainly be different than the majority of us.  My mom had open, but that was 16 years ago when they took the gall bladder out at the same time to get insurance to pay for a portion.  I shopped Kohl's and Target and goodwill.  I only looked at the sale racks and just bought elastic waists in the beginning so they would last longer.  I shopped constantly and tried to separate in my closet by size.  Sometimes I under grew things before I even got to where them.  But I basically only bought stuff between 5 - 10 dollars.  Theme parks and any outing requires thought ahead.  I still pack my lunch box everyday if going out.  When I go shopping or anywhere, I take a fiber bar and bottles of water.  If your going out to dinner, plan ahead and look at their menu online beforehand so you have an idea what you can order.  Good Luck

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr