What happens next???

AddisynsMommy
on 10/15/11 10:27 am - FL
 He has been awesome! I have had a few compications. I had fluid around my bottom staples and he called me back personally within 10 mins and told me to come right down monday morning this was about a week after surgery so he took my staples out so it could drain and within a few days I was fine. Then I had two strictures and he was quick to get me seen and them dialated. I spent 2 days in the hospital and the nurses I had were awesome and the bariatric coordinator Stephanie is VERY helpful and can answer any ?'s you have too. you will meet her while you are in the hospital.  after leaving the hospital u call and make ur first follow up for 2 weeks out then you are seen 3mos, 6mos 9 mos and 1 year. if you have ANY problems at all Madeline is quick to call you back and get you in she is amazing. 

gbowl83
on 10/16/11 11:48 am
That is nice to hear. I am still waiting to see if Medipass approves me. Madeline said they were the easiest to get approval from. So pray for me :). It is really comforting to hear that so many people loved them. I'm excited but scared so you have made me feel more at ease. Now if we could just get this approval. She sent it the Friday before last so 10 days ago. It feels like forever.
bjbutterfly
on 10/20/11 1:29 am - FL
I finished the first psy eval. It went great!! I go back Nov.3 for last one. The woman today said she sees no problem I seem completely well adjusted and prepared. I go tomorrow to meet Dr.H, I hope everything is on the right track. I am still worried not enough info got turned in, and come Nov I go to share of cost so it will be very hard financially to start the 3 month dr visits again. I am so ready for this. gbowl83 have you heard anything about a date? Its nice to hear such great things about Dr.H. I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow......fingers crossed.
gbowl83
on 10/20/11 8:12 am, edited 10/20/11 8:16 am
CONGRATS!!!! Did you have Chelsea when you went in for you appointment? That is who I had and she was so great! I think you will be ok because I only had one visit in August, and 2 in September and I went in one other time in June because I was sick and it counted. I did hear back from Madeline today. She received my approval yesterday!!!! I am so excited I go in on November 1st for a scope to make sure that I have no issues with my stomach and then on November 10th at 6am I have my surgery!!!!! So just to give you an idea of how long you are looking at my first appointment was on September 30th and I am having surgery on November 10th. Less then 60 days start to finish. Once you go in onto see Dr. H tomorrow you will have everything but your second Psych Eval. so once you get that you will probably be scheduled for surgery within a month! If you do need an extra doctor visit Madeline will be able to tell you. You will see her after you see Dr. H so ask her and she will be able to tell you based on your insurance. She knows the insurances inside and out so any questions you might have write them down tonight and take them with you tomorrow.
bjbutterfly
on 10/20/11 9:10 am - FL
Yay!!! That's awesome you got your date:) I had Chelsea and she was really nice and made me feel very comfortable. Thank you for walking me through your process I feel positive about it all coming together. I will give you update after Dr.H. Please let me know how the scope goes. Are you put under for that as well? Is that a standard exam before surgery for everyone or were you having other issues? Congrats again.
gbowl83
on 10/20/11 9:19 am
Definitely keep me posted. I am excited to see what your process is like. Yeah Dr. H does the scope on all his patients. Madeline said it was to make sure there were no underlining issues with your stomach and stuff before he does the surgery. She also said that I would be under heavy sedation for it. Thanks for the support and Let me know how tomorrow goes.
bjbutterfly
on 10/21/11 6:21 am - FL
I went to Dr.H today and it went well. I am getting my GI scope Nov.2 , Since I only have the one last psy and its scheduled Madeline said it will be able to get done by the end of Nov!!! I am so excited. I was a little disappointed about not being laproscopic, but Dr.H's reason made sense. I need to gather up the money for the nutrition class, I was not aware til I got home about it being $75. gbowl83 - I almost had it the 1st like you but that day was so busy Madeline scheduled me the 2nd for GI. Do you know when you are taking nutrtion class?
gbowl83
on 10/21/11 12:30 pm, edited 10/21/11 12:31 pm
That is great!!! Congrats!!! They are super fast there. That is awesome they are sending you in on the 2nd to get you scope. I will write you about mine on the 1st so you will know what its like prior. I wonder if your surgery will be scheduled close to mine? That would be great to have someone who understands what your going through. I know the open RNY was a shock for me too but I was like you and understood the reason. No, I have not regestered for mine yet but I really need to since my surgery is on the 10th. Do you know when you are going to take it? Do you know which one of your insurances they are going to have to get the approval from? I know in Novmber you are changing from Medipass to Share of Cost.

P.S. I am taking my before surgery photo tonight

bjbutterfly
on 10/22/11 5:52 am - FL
They are doing the scope which will go over my share of cost and then that will kick in the straight Medicaid for the rest of the month. I need to have the scope the same month as the bypass, because it only will be straight Medicaid for the rest of the same month. I am thinking its going to be closer to around the 17th or so being that I was told I can get the paper from psy same day if I pay for copies.Madeline said if I can get them than as soon as I drop them off she will submit it, and that takes about 10 days. I hope it goes through quick because I don't know how the surgery schedule will be with Thanksgiving. plus we have tickets for an all day concert on Dec 3 and if I get it sooner there is a chance I can still go We will still be within weeks of getting it done, I agree it's nice to have somone on the same time frame. Are you ready for going through Thanksgiving and Christmas with our new menu?? I think it will be hard but if we can do it this year it will be a huge hump to get over in the following years. I want to take the class before which for you leaves..the 25th or Nov 8 bc the other one is your GI scope day. Let me know which one hopefully it can be the same one. I called Munroe and was told we don't have to register just show up. The paper I got said 3:15 but the nutrionist said 3:30 I plan on getting there early just in case. I have been postponing pictures, but I have been told its great to have before pics.

gbowl83
on 10/22/11 10:44 am, edited 10/22/11 10:45 am
I took Madeline my copy I asked the Psych Doctor for the copies and she told me no so what I did was after your Evaluation you will go see another girl who just takes some final info before you leave. I asked her and she gave them to me. So if you Dr. says no ask the girl you see after that. I will take mine on the November 8th gives me more time to save. I will get there early too just to be safe. I am excited about seeing how different I eat at the holidays it is going to be so wierd not going back for seconds and feeling like a stuffed turkey LOL. They sent my request over on the 7th of October and I got my approval on the 20th of October. So 8 business days. You will probably slip yours in right before the holiday schedule which will be great!!! I took my before photos last night and they were horrible. I don't have any full body mirrors in my house so I was shocked seeing myself on the photos. It  definitely confirmed my decision. Did Madeline say if it was easy to get an approval through the Share of Cost?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views