Dr. Hoddinott ... and Fl Medicaid... Please help

AddisynsMommy
on 9/17/11 7:14 am - FL
 girl add me as a friend i just had my surgery in MARCH and i am 6mos out down 100lbs i have medicaid you need to be on medipass not the hmo they try to stick you in!! I LOVED dr. hoddinott and his whole office i DID hours of research on the doctors my dr had said and the other surgeon who suggested WLS. I am SOOO pleased that i went through him he was and has been awesome this whole time and Madeline was so on top of getting my approval fast through medicaid! I went in feb 14th and had surgery march 17th!! I know this is what medicaid wants 1) a refferal from ur PCP I go to dr. ALexis Nibe at express care of belleview she is awesome also and good about reffering you to him. 2) they want at least 6mos documented weight loss history! 3) you need a psych evaluation. my old therapist did one for me but Madeline will tell u where you can go for this. that was the only things i needed and was approved within 2 weeks of her submitting my paper work... the ONLY complaint i had was the incision was a lot larger than it was suppose to be.he only does open RNY but I would do it ALL over again! He is not only a surgeon for wls but for hearts too and he took care of my uncle and left from a family function to check on him. He called me one night from home b/c of a few probs i had. my bp dropped too low from my meds and i freaked and he called me back within 10mins from his house. Everyone is going to have an opinion on a doctor. you should come the support group meeting they are the third wed of every month at 6:30 6th floor the conference room and see what everyone has to say! if you have ANY ?'s you can ask me I dont mind!

gbowl83
on 10/5/11 2:25 pm
I am currently going through Dr. Hoddinotts office and they seem to be very nice. I went to Express Care of Leesburg which is another office of Express Care of Belleview. Dr. Malczak (my PCP) sent a referral over to Dr. Hoddinotts office and they scheduled me a consultation. The consultation was scheduled about 5 weeks out but in the mean time Dr. Malczak did my supervised weight loss and I go tomorrow to have my Psyc Eval. and 7 days from then I do the second part to the Psych Eval. The Center in Ocala is where they are sending me and they do their Psych Eval. in a 2 part sequence. Once I do that Dr. Hoddinotts office will send my Letter of Medical Nec. and they said it will take about 2 weeks to get it approved. I have Medicaid/Medipass and Dr. Hoddinotts Office says they are the easiest to get the approval from. All they required from me was 1) Referral from my PCP 2) 3 mon. monitored weight loss attempt 3) Psyc. Eval. That was it. I'm sure Dr. Hoddinotts office will do some other test to make sure physically my body can handle it but a lot of that has already been done by Dr. Malczak and is in my medical records. BTW Dr. Hoddinott takes the Share of Cost so you can call them and they can tell you exactly what you'll need. I know that with Share of Cost as long as the bill is over your out of pocket expense  you will not have to pay anything. For example if your Share of Cost amount is $250.00 a month as long as you send in your medical bill showing how much your surgery was they will pay it in full. However if the bill is under your limit or you do not send the bill to medicaid then you will be responsible for the full amount.  I know this is long but I hope it helps :) Good Luck!!!!
jobeth
on 10/7/11 8:20 am - FL

Doc H is my doc and I LOVE him.  You can click on his name on under my pic and read reviews of him. i have only seen on so-so review of him and quite honestly after hearing this pt's comments off the review board I think she had unfair expectations of him.  He is always there for you...has a great sense of humor but most importantly he is a great surgeon.  I wouldn't go to anyone else.  I have a friend who had problems with his pouch and the way it scars.  Dr H has been right there each time he is needed to help him.  The problem is not with Dr H.  this guy has always had problems with grandulation of his scars.

Anyway...I love him and highly recommend him.  Bring all your questions...he'll make sure they are answered so you can have a full understanding.

jobeth...            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views