Dr. Hoddinott ... and Fl Medicaid... Please help

StarGirl1987
on 8/11/11 11:08 pm
Hi, My name it Tosha and I live in the ocala area. I recently found out from a friend that  she was  approved for Bariactric surgery through Medicaid, she used MediPass.She also had Dr. Hoddinott has anyone here been through him? What wasyour experiance like? I was also wondering if anyone on here has been through the Medicaid process cos to be completely honest I dont understand the share of cost and most of the things i've been reading. I need to choose a healthcare plan for my Medicaid and dont know which to choose. I've tried looking online to find lists of providers for different plans and when I call they dont seem too helpful. I'm kind of a newbie here. Can anyone tell me what my "gameplan" should be?I'm 24 and have never really had any form of healthcare before. I mean I've read up on the surgeries but i'm not sure what to do from here. 
Grider
on 8/13/11 3:19 am - Clearwater, FL
You have to have a primary doctor, the medicaid people usualy give you the list of drs who are in network, if not you have to look on line who is doing this surgery and if they take medicaid, best bet is to call the hospital in your area, I have 3 mo medically monitored diet to do before surgery -many ins have 6 months. All can be done thru medicaid,  but primary doctor first, find one and get a check up and tell him about your weight and talk to him or her on ways to lose it. This will get the motors started- cause you going to need that visit recorded.

StarGirl1987
on 8/13/11 11:58 am
 Ok, Thank you for the help! It seems like they make this stuff Harder to understand than it should be. So hospitals can tell me all the dr.'s that accept medicaid? I found the thing online for my area but the only dr. whose name I recognized was my pediatrition from like 10 years ago.
Grider
on 8/13/11 1:31 pm - Clearwater, FL
you must have a dr, a reg dr. that comes from the medicaid you have, he can give you a surgeon he might know,  but your local hospt can tell you who does the WLS surgery, they may or not know what all ins they use but its a good possibility thye do/
Grider
on 8/13/11 1:41 pm - Clearwater, FL
 1- Here is Shands' Bariatric Surgeons' website:
      https://www.surgery.ufl.edu/bariatrics/Default.asp

2-Univerisity of South Florida (Tampa General Hospital), and was told that Dr. Murr accepts Amerigroup, Heath Ease and Stay Well Medicaid plans. His contact info;
Bariatric coordinator
Susan Orellana
(813)844-7473

http://www.ocalabariatrics.com/    
call 888-809-7542

you try these?
StarGirl1987
on 8/15/11 10:00 am
 I had found shands and read about mrmc's bariatric website. The third link says the page doesnt exist. But thank you for the links, i'm looking at them right now! Thank-you
jobeth
on 10/7/11 8:26 am - FL
He DOES accept medicaid.  My friend had medicaid and used him. 
jobeth...            
Renee2007
on 8/24/11 12:38 am - Central, FL
 Make sure you do a lot of research on Dr. Hoddinott. He doesn't have the greatest track record.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

steved61
on 8/24/11 11:33 pm - Homosassa, FL
Dr. Hoddinott did my BPD\DS on 7/6/2011 at MRMC in Ocala. I found him to be straight forward and sincere. My surgery went well with no problems. The worst I can say about my hospital stay is the chairs in my room were about 3" to low. My weight at surgery was 303lbs today it was 245.2lbs. So far so good. ;)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views