NWF Medipass surgeon..help me find one!!!

RizingPheonix
on 7/21/11 12:26 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 12/03/14
Hey ladies and gents, I have found this to be the best resource out there! I need help finding a provider who will except medicaid (in northwest florida that is medipass, since there is no other hmo/insurance under medicaid here)
I haven't been this close to getting the surgery done since 200!!! Yes, I've been trying to get surgery that long and its just as long a story.
Please help!
I would like to thank anyone and everyone ahead of time for any help they provide!!!!
Grider
on 7/22/11 1:46 pm - Clearwater, FL
I think you should try calling the surgeoens in your area. get the phone book n start calling. I had to do that with my grand regarding something else, and only way to make sure the are accepting. but hopefully some one will respond.  Id check with hsopital in your area too, as the procedure has to be done there, they could possibly refer  a DR.  good luck!
Grider
on 7/22/11 1:47 pm - Clearwater, FL
You are very close to Pensacola, might find one one there.
timetochange
on 7/25/11 9:42 pm
 Have you tried Dr. Lord at Sacred Heart? I know in the seminar he has he talks about people having the surgery with medicaid. They are on the web, look them up.
Nora73
on 7/27/11 11:02 am - Pensacola, FL
 I'm in Pensacola.(just up the road) .. I Had medipass insurance and ended up in Gainesville,Fl since none of the doctors here took medipass... I have heard that one takes "Vista" which is one you can switch to from Medipass..but don't remember which one it was. There is Dr. Lord, Dr.Nye and another I can't remember.. Hope that was more helpful than confusing lol

Nora

HW 372  SW 316 CW 190 7/21/11

RizingPheonix
on 7/29/11 6:47 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 12/03/14
 Thank you to everyone *****plied!
Pensacola is just over the bridge for me but there are no bariatric surgeons who accept medicaid in the panhandle. Dr Lord's office called me back and we talked a bit. The surgeon in Gainsville is no longer accepting patients from out of his county. The next surgeon accepting patients is in Miami!!!! That would be impossible if I didnt have family there but l.uckily I do!
Next downfall is that we are loosing our home and have to move. Out of the panhandle all together! We're going to orlando and who knows where from there.So.....
Thats what I get for getting my hopes up that I could have surgery before the year is out!
ugh.

gbowl83
on 10/8/11 2:22 pm
I know this might be late but I am going to Dr. Hoddinott in Ocala Florida 352-368-1661. He takes Medicais Medipass and Share of Cost. He does surgery out of Munroe Regional Medical Center.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views