North Florida Surgeons

ScubaDo
on 7/20/11 11:32 pm
Is anyone familiar with NFS - Dr. Webb's group?? what was your experience? I am trying to decide on a surgeon for the V - sleeve
Emily F.
on 7/31/11 2:22 am, edited 8/7/11 12:05 pm
I didn't realize Webb did bariatric? He is new? He did my hernia surgery, I thought he was a general surgeon, maybe this is another one.  and btw, my hernia surgery did not turn out very well, I got another one in the same spot, but I can't be too mad bc its saving me a lot of money on my tummy tuck next year but Webb will not be doing the hernia this time.

What hospital is he with?

I do have a friend that got a sleeve with North Fl, not sure the doc name and she is fine

Friend me on fb
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002426626593

would love to talk to you.
abandster
on 10/5/11 7:34 am
Hey, silly woman.....as many times as you've heard Dr. Webb's name at a support group meeting and you didn't know he did bariatrics?  He's right behind Memorial Hospital and USED to do ALL of his surgeries at Memorial.  But I think he's ventured out.

And the WLS pre op that you have to go thru is run by Jarrod and his wife, who both just had wls with the Webb group.  I didn't go thru them because they wanted a HEALTHY (no pun intended) up front, non-refundable charge that I just didn't have and no insurance pays for.  But I understand they give much better follow up care with the dietician and psychologist.

I think that all of the bariatric surgeons are general surgeons and then they specialize in bariatrics.  I know that the two surgeons I used are general surgeons, and I knew Dr. Webb was... or is. 

I know I'm posting really late to this but you had sent me a request to respond to Amy on the Novus group and then I got to reading and responding to other posts.  I'm one of those who was here for hours a day prior to my surgery but once the surgery was over and I got a handle on what I was doing, I seldom came back.

Okay, my dear friend.....I'm outta here.  and, once again, let me tell you how proud I am of you after all the fretting I did before you got on that plane....no, before you got back home and I knew you were okay!!

LaWanda
Emily F.
on 10/5/11 8:13 am
On October 5, 2011 at 2:34 PM Pacific Time, abandster wrote:
Hey, silly woman.....as many times as you've heard Dr. Webb's name at a support group meeting and you didn't know he did bariatrics?  He's right behind Memorial Hospital and USED to do ALL of his surgeries at Memorial.  But I think he's ventured out.

And the WLS pre op that you have to go thru is run by Jarrod and his wife, who both just had wls with the Webb group.  I didn't go thru them because they wanted a HEALTHY (no pun intended) up front, non-refundable charge that I just didn't have and no insurance pays for.  But I understand they give much better follow up care with the dietician and psychologist.

I think that all of the bariatric surgeons are general surgeons and then they specialize in bariatrics.  I know that the two surgeons I used are general surgeons, and I knew Dr. Webb was... or is. 

I know I'm posting really late to this but you had sent me a request to respond to Amy on the Novus group and then I got to reading and responding to other posts.  I'm one of those who was here for hours a day prior to my surgery but once the surgery was over and I got a handle on what I was doing, I seldom came back.

Okay, my dear friend.....I'm outta here.  and, once again, let me tell you how proud I am of you after all the fretting I did before you got on that plane....no, before you got back home and I knew you were okay!!

LaWanda
 No problem. So I guess it was the same Webb? Now I'm getting plastics and that hernia came back. Glassman told me to get Webb to do it again. Not sure how I feel about that. Guess I will go see him. We have more to talk about this time. lol. and you are completely correct that most bariatrics are generals first, my surgeon included. Should have dawned on me. Small world. 
abandster
on 10/7/11 8:45 am
Plastics?  You're going for plastics?  OMG.....you are SUCH a brave woman.  I'm soooooooo proud of you.
Amy M.
on 8/14/11 8:41 am - Jacksonville, FL
I'm going to a seminar Tues, Aug 16th with NFS.  I looked each NFS up at:  http://www.healthgrades.com/
One of them has a malpractice thing---can't remember which one now.  One is in his 70's.  I've already contacted Memorial Hospital & I've decided on Dr DePeri for a laproscopic gastric bypass. 
I'm very new here at OH...and stumbling just finding my way around.  Do you live in Jacksonville?  I live on the westside of Jax. 
Your post was a while ago.  Have you made progress since then in picking out a surgeon?  If you can here on OH, message me back.  I'd be very interested in what all you've found out about NFS so far. 
Amy
AshleyDillo
on 8/14/11 9:52 am - Tallahassee, FL
I had my gastric bypass surgery done in July 2009 by DePeri, and he was great!  Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Amy M.
on 8/14/11 8:16 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Ashley,
Thank you so much for replying!!  I just found your message & I'm on my way out the door to go and paint with a friend all day.  I'll message you back by sometime Tues before my bariatric seminar, or on Wed after the seminar.  I hope this is ok. 
Hopefully, talk to you then.....
Amy
AshleyDillo
on 8/14/11 8:44 pm - Tallahassee, FL

Yes, that is definitely ok!  My experience with NFS, Novus and DePeri were great and I have no problem talking about it. 

Moving away from their support system was one of the hardest things for me about leaving Jacksonville.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Amy M.
on 8/18/11 12:26 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Ashely, I went to the seminar, but, Dr Webb was the speaker and I didn't get to meet DePeri yet.  I am far out in the process.  I now understand why it was so hard on you to move away from all their post-op support at Novus.  They offer GREAT support I found out,....more than I even knew about.  How about now?  What kind of support are you getting?  Is it adequate?  I know I want to take advantage of their support post-op, so, I'm first going to have to save up some $$$$ before going back.  I want/need enough $$$$ for that and the $500 pre-op costs saved up first.  Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views