Ben-David/Caban Patients?

astrochick18
on 7/16/11 8:53 am - Archer, FL
Hi! I was just wondering if there were any other Ben-David and/or Caban patients here.

I had my surgery on 6/23/11 with Dr. Caban. I couldn't be happier!

Nora73
on 7/27/11 11:08 am - Pensacola, FL
 Yep... my surgery was 3/10  and I have no complaints...Ben-David was great.. but I only seen him twice ...then just the NUT... Amelia will always be #1 in that office to me... she got me through some serious red tape and made it sooooo simple... the hard part is me doing whats right!

:) Good luck!

HW 372  SW 316 CW 190 7/21/11

astrochick18
on 7/27/11 11:49 am - Archer, FL
I have to agree. Amelia is VERY good at her job. She gets things done when anyone else would just let them pile up.

Congrats on your weight loss!

karincarter2
on 5/24/12 10:44 am - Altoona, FL
RNY on 06/27/12
Hi
I am scheduled for RNY surgery on 6/20/12 amy nurse coordnator in Kathelene Kirkman she is really nice and on the ball. Do they have a support group? Any words of wisdom........
astrochick18
on 5/24/12 11:00 am - Archer, FL
There is a support group. I have never been, but I heard that it is at Shands Medical Plaza.

My surgery was 6/23/11. Best decision of my life! My words of wisdom: Follow the dr's instructions EXACTLY! I had no complications or problems. I really feel like this is because I followed the dr's instructions as closely as I could. I have also reached my weight loss goal at 10 months postop.

Congratulations on making this decision! I hope all goes well for you!

polymerdiva
on 5/26/12 1:24 am - FL
I have Caban, with RNY on 6/5/2012.

I like the people I've dealt with, but geez, its so hard to get a callback or email response.

At the pre-op training, they went on and on about call us anytime with questions.  That doesn't mean they will call you back. 

I had a question about broth-based soups in the pre-op liquid diet........whether it could contain solids or had to just be broth.  No response.  Ok...........so much for THAT option!

I am feeling like of lost in the weeds now.

These forums have been more helpful than the office has.  Sadly.
astrochick18
on 5/26/12 5:17 am - Archer, FL
Congrats on your upcoming surgery!

I have to agree. Amelia was there when I went through all of that, but I hear she left. She did return calls, although not as promptly as I would have liked. Since she has left, I have had a VERY hard time get a call back. So, I can relate.

If you don't get an answer to your question, I am pretty sure it has to be JUST broth. No solids. It will be the same for postop liquid diet. They do the preop liquid diet not only to shrink your liver, but also get you in the habit of eating the way you will after surgery. Of course, you will eventually re-introduce solids into your diet.

karincarter2
on 5/26/12 11:19 pm - Altoona, FL
RNY on 06/27/12
I really can't relate. I haven't had a problem with them calling me back, in fact just the opposite is true, in my case anyway. I had to have a colonscopy, and Kathern Kirkman called me to continue the process before i even new the results. Try calling and talking with her directly. Congrads on a surgery date and I know everything will go Great for you!

LiciaLou
on 5/29/12 12:28 pm - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
Hey Karin ... I bout fell out of my chair when I saw you are in Altoona ... I live in Umatilla. Small world huh?

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

pinkfrogs2
on 6/18/12 12:08 am
VSG on 07/27/12 with
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views