Can anyone share their experience with Dr Jawad

deljosie
on 7/11/11 11:33 am - FL
Was approved for surgery by my insurance on first try but they didn't approve my surgeon.  So, now I've made an appointment to see Dr. Jawad in his Orlando office next Friday.  Can anyone share their experience with Dr Jawad?  Wait time for surgery, bedside manner, etc. 
Donna R.
on 7/12/11 12:54 am - Ocala, FL
Dr. Jawad saved my life!!!!!

I had my initial consultation last June, my insurance require me to have a psych and nutritional evalution and Dr. jawad required a cardiac evaluation due to my age.  I had all these completed by the end of June.  It took the longest time to get an insurance approval because Odalys in the Ocala office dropped the ball, when she finally sent my papers in she sent them to the wrong place.  Once we got that corrected I was approved in 2 days.  Upon approval I scheduled my surgery, 3 weeks later on August 17th.

I am just short of 11 months out and I have lost 173 lbs.

I love Dr. Jawad!!!!

Contact me if you want to chat.
Donna "Embrace the Journey"
AUGUST 18, 2010 "The First Day of the Rest (BEST) of my Life"

HW/SW/CW/GW  -  380/362/178/1??
deljosie
on 7/14/11 11:26 am - FL
Thank you so much for your response.  It is great to hear how wonderful he is.  I am looking forward to my appointment with him next Friday in the Orlando office. 
selena69
on 7/12/16 2:15 pm

Hi May I ask what happened how was your experience with him?

ToniLee
on 7/12/11 10:39 am
Dr. Jawad is one of the best around and has done many more surgeries than most doctors around central Florida !!  He is a great doctor and you are in very good hands.  My insurance didn't cover my surgery they filed everything for me and they heard back very quickly.  He has had the same office staff and surgical team for years.  I think that says a lot about him and his office.  I am 3 and half years out from RNY and very happy with the whole experience.  Once I was approved through care credit it took a couple of weeks to clear through all his requirements.  I had mine done in Ocala and his is a center of excellence that insurance carriers require.

If you get a chance to attend one of his seminars you can ask him lots of questions and meet him, you can check his schedule online not sure when the next one is....  Jawadmd.com.  Which surgery were you approved for?

HW 271/SW 255 RNY Jan.21 08 RNY Revision July 25th 2013
Plastics done 4/21/10 (Dr. Sauceda)
Extended TT, Full Arm lift, BL/BA, Long Thigh lift

deljosie
on 7/14/11 11:25 am - FL
I was approved for the gastric sleeve. I have an appointment with him next Friday at his Orlando office.  I am very excited to be heading down my last path to a better life!  Thank you so much for your response.
Jaimie B.
on 7/17/11 10:56 am - FL
I ahve researched this surgery and the surgeons in this area that do the suregery!  I will tell you that you will not find a better surgeon in your area! My insurance would only approve a surgeon that was recognized as a bariatirc surgeon of excellence there are only 2 that have these high credentials in the whole south and southeastern USA and he is one of them!  Please know that your body and life is in the best hands possible and I have friends that work in the hospital setting and they frequently work with these type surgeons, he has the LOWEST return patient rate for complications or revisions! Good luck you will not be sorry to choose him!  HE IS THE BEST!!!!
Jaimie B.
deljosie
on 7/17/11 11:55 am - FL
Thank you so much for your post.  It really makes me feel good that he is such a wonderful surgeon.  Thanks!  
Corgi Mom !.
on 7/23/11 8:12 pm - sunny, FL
Dr. Jawad is absolutely the best surgeon in the world from my original surgery to all the follow up care that he has provided.  If there is a wait time it is beyond worth it to call him your surgeon.  He has a quiet and caring manner and is more than helpful to give info to family.  I cannot begin to tell you as a person who is over 6 years post op I am so blessed he was my surgeon.  The process of approval, insurance and setting up appt can be a little crazy at times with the office staff hang in there with this though I promise this part is well worth the Dr.
Best wishes and many blessings
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
deljosie
on 7/26/11 12:03 pm - FL
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement.  I meet with him last Friday in his Orlando office and he seems to be a wonderful person.  My surgery date is set for Sept. 7th at ORMC. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views