Support Group Jacksonville, FL

kruggles
on 6/1/11 12:27 am - Ponte Vedra, FL

Are you looking to receive support and encouragement from a group of compasionate individuals that have walked in your shoes?  Please join Novus Centers, an independant bariatric support center once per month at our peer-to-peer support meeting.

The meeting is facilitated by a registered dietician and focuses on peer support in a safe environment to discuss personal success and challenges and openly share their experiences with one another.

Next Meetings: June 6th and July 11th.

Time:

6:00 p.m. Band patients
7:00 p.m. Sleeve and Bypass patients

abandster
on 6/5/11 11:20 pm

The Novus Center, an independant bariatric support center.....not affiliated with any particular surgeon?

Do your dieticians work for Novus or St. Luke's?

Is this group just starting up?

Sorry about all the questions but I want to pss the information along to my support group, which meets on Tuesdays so maybe we could come see you on your meeting days.  I think the more meetings you attend the better.

I'm going to assume these meetings are open to pre op and post op, friends and family of patients with questions or concerns or just want to learn.  If that's not the case, would you let me know, please.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.  And thanks for setting up another meeting for those of us here in Jacksonville.

kruggles
on 6/7/11 2:07 am - Ponte Vedra, FL

We are a group of individuals who either have had or are considering Weight Loss Surgery. Most of us are members of Novus Centers Bariatric Support Center and have had surgery with Dr. Webb, Roa and DePeri; however, you do not need to be a member to join this meet up. It’s our goal to help the Jacksonville community to continue down the long path toward good health and successful weight maintenance. 

Our dietician is employed by Novus Centers not St. Luke's Hospital.  We have had this group for 3 three years.  Please consider joining.  We would like to build a strong Jacksonville community.

Emily F.
on 6/7/11 12:02 pm
What about Dsers?
kruggles
on 6/7/11 11:32 pm - Ponte Vedra, FL
Although we do not have a support group designated soley to Dsers, we invite you to participate within our By-pass and Sleeve support meeting which is held on the first Monday of each month from 7 to 8 p.m. at St. Luke's Hospital in Auditorium A.  The next meeting is July 11 due to the holiday. 
abandster
on 6/8/11 10:51 am
I had heard thru the grapevine that Dr. Webb and his group were now doing surgeries at St. Luke's.  Are they no longer affiliated with Memorial?

And I know that in the past patients of Dr. Webb's went thru Jarrod's and hiw wife's group.  Is that your group?  I'd asked to attend the Jarrod group support group meetings in the past and never got approval to do that so if you are the same group, I'm happy to hear you've opened the meetings up to others in the community.

I have had my support group for almost 6 years now and have moved the meetings from every other Saturday to lunch every Wednesday to meetings on Thursdays to dinner on Tuesdays.  Amazingly, Saturday was always my big attendance day and lunches on Wednesday was the second largest group.  There was a time I had 6 meetings a month so I know there are a lot of people out there who want to find a meeting to attend.

But I'm just curious as to whether or not you're Jarrod and his group and if not, whether or not they still exist and if the Webb group is now exclusively at St. Luke's. 

Oh, did Dr. Herrerra and Chappeno stay at St. Vincent's and aren't going to cross the river to do surgeries at St. Luke's? 

I just like to keep my finger on the pulse and wanted some updated information if you don't mind sharing.
abandster
on 6/8/11 10:44 am
abandster
on 6/8/11 10:53 am
Emily......I was going to ask about when you and your surgery, as well.  But then I thought bypass would be the group you'd want to be in as bandsters are so way far different than other surgeries.

I do hope you can make this meeting a time or two and see if its a good fit for you.  I may attend, as well, and (as you know) sent the information along to our group.

You look fantastic, my friend.  I'm proud of you.

LaWanda
Emily F.
on 6/9/11 4:15 am
On June 8, 2011 at 5:53 PM Pacific Time, abandster wrote:
Emily......I was going to ask about when you and your surgery, as well.  But then I thought bypass would be the group you'd want to be in as bandsters are so way far different than other surgeries.

I do hope you can make this meeting a time or two and see if its a good fit for you.  I may attend, as well, and (as you know) sent the information along to our group.

You look fantastic, my friend.  I'm proud of you.

LaWanda
 Thanks! You are so sweet to think of me. I guess I should get used to being an outcast, huh?? lol. I knew what I was signing up for. :)
Amy M.
on 8/21/11 10:44 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I'm just getting started with Novus now and still would be interested in your support groups.  Would you mind telling me who runs the group and what other Novus employees are in attendance at the support groups....?  I want to be able to feel comfortable when I go is all.  I will be a bypass patient later on.  But, I need to save up some $$$$ first as I'm on SSDI.  I know it's been a while since you posted your message on here, but, I hope you still get this message re: meetings from me.  thank you....:-)    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views