Florida friends... where are ya?

sheekie1
on 4/6/11 2:38 am - clermont, FL
Hi, I'm from Davenport,Fl....Having surgery April 8th....This Friday.....It would be great to have friends local to talk to and support each other.....
liz4jimmy
on 4/9/11 7:20 am - Miami, FL
Hello, I am Liz from Miami and it has been 11 years since I had my surgery. I loss 145 pounds but five years ago after a stressful relationship which I am no longer in thank God. I have put back 50 lbs
I wish I could find a exercise buddy because I really need someone that can help me to get motivated as I can help them too.
Liz from Miami, Fl.
P.S. Stay positive and you will see you will reach your goal
AddisynsMommy
on 4/13/11 4:21 am - FL
 Hey guys I live in Ocala, Fl! I am looking for florida friends too! if you want ADD me!
Shortcop184
on 1/6/13 7:46 am - Ocala, FL

I am in Ocala also.. haven't gone for surgery as of yet .. waiting for the insurance company to decide for me LOL... who is your surgery ..

Shortcop184

MotivatedMomma
on 4/14/11 7:31 am
DS on 10/20/14
Hi everyone,

I am in Davenport, Polk County.  I don't have a surgery date yet, but I have *almost* enough money saved up, so I am hoping to organize things within the next few weeks, and then have a surgery date in May or June (I am not sure how quickly they fit in a self-pay patient).

I would LOVE to use Dr. Kim @ Celebration (Orlando) but he's out of my budget.  I have heard great things about Dr. Domkowski in Sebastian, so that's my choice!

I am new to Florida, just moved here in September.  I am excited to make new friends!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/11 3:05 pm - Winter Park, FL
:::Waves to everyone!::: So Happy to meet some Fl individuals I will be having RnY May 19,11 by Dr. Jawad and looking for new friends, especially in the Central FL area.

I will be going to two support groups in May:

May 3, 11 in Lake Mary at sponsered by http://www.usbariatric.com/

and then May 4, 11 in Orlando Sponsered by Dr. Jawad's practice. (http://www.jawadmd.com/)

Anyone else going to these?
NeeNee1971
on 5/28/11 4:34 am - FL
Hi! I am also a Dr. J patient. had my official RNY in 2003 and my revision 3 days before you. Like ships passing in the night! Feel free to add me! Support groups are awesome.
Pre Surgery  352  Surgery  346 ~ Current  198  Goal  180
Mommy to: Emma Grace 7/23/03 ~ Erin Faith 12/5/05 ~ Kayley Olena 9/17/08

Janelle L.
on 4/26/11 4:09 am - Lakeland, FL
Hi All!! I am in Lakeland and hoping to have VSG in July!! My surgeon is Alfredo Fernandez. Would love to talk to anyone who is going through the process!! 

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
  HW 375. CW 296 GW 200

got2lovedisney
on 5/6/11 4:11 am - Hialeah, FL
Hi all...it's lonely down here in South Florida as it seems a lot of you are in the Central and Northern part of the state.  That's fine though...we can still be friends!  And if there are any fellow Hialeah residents...give me a shout! 

LIZA B.
on 5/11/11 10:57 pm - GARNER, NC
Hi ya! I'm in Naples, FL.  Had my rny wls almost 10 years ago.  I lost about 157lbs and have gained back about 50lbs.  Mostly due to my own behaviors.  I've decided to get back to basics and am feeling very good about getting back on this journey.  I don't see my gain as a failure, just as a lesson.  I will get to where I need to be, especially getting back to coming to these boards and getting the support I need.

That being said, I'm looking for a support group here in Naples, and if there isn't any I'll start one.  I did it before in Connecticut and we had over 150 members, so I'm willing to start over again.

Love & Peace,
Liza
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views