New One to the Florida Boards- Brevard county

LorieL
on 2/14/11 6:32 am - Melbourne, FL
Hello All-
My name is Lorie. I live in Melbourne and have finally started the journey to WLS.
Dr Marema is my doctor.  Flagler Hospital in St Augustine will be the place for surgery.
I am in the approval process with my insurance and am excited to be on the Loser side soon.

Does anyone live near me?  Is there a support group in Brevard County?

High hopes for all.  Be blessed

Lorie
MyturnformeG
on 2/17/11 11:37 am - Satellite Beach, FL
Hi Lor  My name is Mary and I too live in Melbourne.  I started my journey in August and just got approval today for my sleeve on March 2nd.  I am getting my surgery done by Dr Jawad in Ocala.  Not sure if there are any support groups in the area.  What kind of surgery are you getting done?

This is all new for me, so just learning how to use even the forum,   Feel free to add my to your friends list, because I havent even figured that out or all my profile info.  Thinking I will have time when I am recouping from my operation.

Good luck to you

Mary
LorieL
on 2/18/11 4:05 am - Melbourne, FL
How wonderful for you; March 2 is right around the corner.
i live on the Eau Gallie river,  Where in melbourne do you live?

i just got back from my pysch visit.  Of course i cried a little

I am planning on having RNY gastric bypass with dr Marema.

Do you have a good  support system for surgery?

Would love to get together with you and another friend who is using Dr Marema.  I met her thru this site too.

There is a support group out of Palm Bay Hospital.  The meeting is Feb 23rd.  I may go. 

email me at [email protected] if you would like.

L

eacweight
on 2/19/12 5:57 am
There is an excelant support group in Viera-ran by the same person who runs the Palm Bay support group.  Michele welcomes everyone. 

The group meets the second Monday of every month at 6:00 in the Health First Pro Fitness center.  Hope tlo see you'all next month.
grmadeb01
on 2/24/11 5:38 am - FL
that me.. ha ha, hey girl, send my info to mary if you now how to do that...maybe we can all get together and have a taste test of stuff ....

just had to add a post here
debby
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views