GASTRIC BYPASS

christy238
on 1/26/11 4:28 am - Hallandale, FL
  HI EVERYONE MY NAME IS CHRISTY 30 YRS OLD CURRENTLY LIVING IN HALLANDALE BEACH,  I RECENTLY MOVED IN JULY FROM NJ AND AT FIRST I HAD MEDICAID WITH HMO HAD HARD TROUBLE LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR MY INSURANCE WAS RECENTLY CHANGED TO SHARE OF COST WHICH IS COOL BECAUSE I FOUND A DOCTOR WHO ACCEPTS THAT INSURANCE HOORAY!!! ANYWAY YESTERDAY I ATTENDED THE SEMINAR AND MY FIRST APPOINTMENT IS MARCH 4TH ANY ADVICE ON HOW I CAN GET THE PROCEDURE DONE SOON I KNOW IT TAKES A FEW MONTHS BUT YESTERDAY AT THE SEMINAR THE DOCTOR SAID IT DEPENDS ON HOW FAST THE PT GETS THE THINGS U NEED DONE... ANYONE KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE?? DO I NEED PAPERWORK FROM THE SURGEONS OFFICE ETC... 
LadyPao09
on 1/26/11 9:18 am - Miami, FL
Good luck in you jorney!!!.. My advise for you is:
1. Have ready all your medical records at list from 5 years ago till now. Specially the ones that states that you are over weight and the doctor recommends  you to lose weight.

2. Be patient and positive all times.

Good luck!!!!
ChasingButterflies
on 2/3/11 1:06 am - FL
Congrats on starting your journey.  Where is your city?  I've never heard of it.  I'm new to Florida myself.
~Brooke~
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou    
Pre-Surgery Weight: 315  RNY 2-28-2011
christy238
on 2/3/11 9:58 am - Hallandale, FL
 Thank you. :) Hallandale is in Broward county which is right near Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale, Miami. where are you from how do you like it  
tko27girl
on 3/7/11 10:22 am - Lauderdale Lakes , FL
 Hey I am having the same problem with sunshine state.  Since it is medically necessary they would approve it if it was a out of network approval or something like that I wanna get the lapband. I think if you need to get all your surgery done I think you would have to talk to your primary dr so he can give you all the refferals. Good Luck and Im just waiting for a change in plan in june and hope and pray if I would get approved fast..
christy238
on 3/9/11 1:54 am - Hallandale, FL
Hi TKO sorry I took long to respond I am currently dealing with Dr De La Cruz I have share of cost medicaid and havent had a problem I spoke to Betty when I called the first time
dreamer30
on 3/9/11 3:46 am - coconut creek, FL
Hi Christy,

I called their office and they said they are not taking any patients until June but that is fine.  They told me that my medicaid must be active at the time of going to them which means that the share of cost has to be met for that month and my medicaid has to be active.  Then after that month they share of cost needs to be met again for me to have medicaid the next month.  I dont know any doctors that accept share of cost so I would go to them monthly for a check up and they charge me the 247 that would put me on medicaid for the month.  Not sure if what I am saying makes sense but that is my problem right now.  Also, are you getting VSG or lap band or Gastric?  I am intrested in the VSG.
dreamer30
on 2/26/11 11:01 am - coconut creek, FL
Hi Christy..can you please tell me which Dr. You are going to see? I heard about Dr. Cruz but their office said the medicaid should be active when we go to him so I don't know where to begin. Any help would be appreciated.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views